What kind of man are you ??

Old 08-02-2009, 08:48 PM
wrw2497
SHOW GUEST

Default What kind of man are you ??

If you know something is wrong with a car you are selling or trading...should you tell the buyer,even if he misses it,or does not know what he is looking at....seems some are not telling all.....is it the buyers job to find your secrets " buyer beware " this is difficult when the individuals are far apart and have to rely on the word of each other....how much is your piece of mind worth....what do you think ??
Old 08-02-2009, 09:33 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

In my opinion it is buyer beware unless it's a safety issue,but don't misunderstand what I mean...I just mean the buyer should always be thourough and do their homework... but morally,I think the seller should always disclose everything. That's just how I was raised. I sell stuff on ebay sometimes and I always make it a point to show everything that could possibly cause the buyer to pass...I don't want anyone thinking I ripped them off. Sadly, not everyone thinks that way,therefore you must look out for yourself...Now, welcome to the forum and please give more details on the transaction you are unhappy with.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:37 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

I was raised the same way. I f I am selling something I will tell the buyer everything wrong with what I am selling. That way they have a choice on if they want to deal with it or not. If they dont they pass, there will always be someone out there looking for something to buy and fix
Old 08-03-2009, 04:11 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

I agree with the above but remember what you may think is wrong the seller may honestly think is right. Right and wrong to someone is totally different, when buying things ya cant think its going to be 100% right the way you think it should be when you get it home, they usually never are.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:14 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DirkaDirka
I was raised the same way. If I am selling something I will tell the buyer everything wrong with what I am selling. That way they have a choice on if they want to deal with it or not. If they dont they pass, there will always be someone out there looking for something to buy and fix
X2. On every vehicle I have sold, I have a second sheet of things I told the buyer, a disclaimer sheet. Actual examples are: Places where the paint is chipped, a window regulator that is tight, where I used several shims for the bumper, a place where the side window leaks under hard rain. I sign it and ask them to sign it just like the Bill of Sale. They will find all these thing eventually, so lets get them out in the open now.
I can sleep at night...Dave
Old 08-03-2009, 07:54 AM
vegaswheelsup
CRAFTSMAN

With the economy like it is I am thinking we are going too see more dishonest sellers in the future. I drove 500 miles each way for a rust free car that had black silicone and undercoating hiding all kinds of rust. I see people getting hurt over the dishonest nonsense before it is over. Why waste your time and the other person's time misrepresenting your car. I do not care if I drive 1000 miles I am not taking home a piece of crap.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:43 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

I agree.

FULL DISCLOSURE is key. I am morally obligated to be as truthfully to you as I can be. Everyone walks away happier this way.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:47 PM
littlehotrod
MASTER BUILDER

you know some people thinks this is the reson why they called it racingJunk..but that dont mean bring your junk on here and sell it as a good item..If u want to sell junk then carry it somewhere else and leave this site alone.. Now thats the way i feel..Now am i right everyone?????
Old 08-03-2009, 10:03 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hammertime
I agree with the above but remember what you may think is wrong the seller may honestly think is right. Right and wrong to someone is totally different, when buying things ya cant think its going to be 100% right the way you think it should be when you get it home, they usually never are.
Just like women.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:04 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by Tod74
Originally Posted by hammertime
Just like women.
and bosses....

Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -