Thread: help need to find pistons for a 393 sbc

help need to find pistons for a 393 sbc

Hi all, well I just popped my A-mod motor 2 wks ago and i purchased a 393 from a man that said he bought it and put it in the hole and then found out it was pushing oil. well call me stupid i thought i knrw what was wrong,cracked piston or pistons. tore it down ,no tops broken but one skirt cracked,i know wouldn't make it blow that much oil,.030 400 block,Lunati 3.6250 stroke crank(3and5/8inch)6" Eagle H-beam rods, and now the problem 7 .020 pistons and one .030 piston, now we all know why it pumped oil,64cc. world product heads,now my problem is I spent all my savings on this complete engine and i can't find a set of new pistons that i can afford(between 7 and 8 hundred)i'm now looking for a used set. is there anyone out there that could help me find a good cheaper set of slugs plz.?

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    sorry, i had a 388 mod motor you coulda probably got cheaper. what did you spend on that stuff?

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    what bore you looking for