Might want to crawl inot a hole after this BUT........

Old 07-31-2009, 04:43 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Default Might want to crawl inot a hole after this BUT........

You guys seem extremely knowledgeble with Chevy motors. The question is what about Ford motors? If I decide to build a (now say it with me rabbit) mmmuuussstttt-aaannnggg I would want to put a Ford motor under the hood. To be more precise a DOHC V-8 5.4l from a Lincoln Navigator. Also around what cost am I looking at for a good motor to be built for me to put in?
Old 07-31-2009, 04:59 PM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Default Musssssstang

Basically all wedge engines respond to the same changes. I would start with a solid bottom end. If it is a race motor, I'd go with forged pistons and after market rods. "H" beams for all out. Go with the best bolts you can afford. I'm pretty sure Lively will chime in as he is the resident Ford guy. A good set of heads and intake. Decide what you want from the engine and if you plan on power adders later. Twin turbo Stangs are pretty strong competitors. With a turbo you can make great power and still build a daily driver. I like pretty much any American V8 that is built right. As long as you like it, that's all that really matters. JMO
Old 07-31-2009, 05:32 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Now can I get a lotnice amount of hp out of a DOHC if I go that route. Or would sticking with the traditional V-8 be better?
Old 07-31-2009, 06:40 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Lively will like you.
Old 07-31-2009, 06:56 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

Now Tod is that a good thing or a bad thing. :shock: :shock: Should I be scared??
Old 07-31-2009, 09:06 PM
russ67chevelle
EXPERT BUILDER

HAHAHA

NOTHIN LIKE OLD FASHONED OLD SCHOOL POWER!!!BBF STROKER MOTORS ARE GETTING SO COMMON,I THINK DOUG HERBERT IS SELLING A STROKER 528 FOR LIKE 7000 WITH ALUMINUM HEADS
Old 07-31-2009, 09:09 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DirkaDirka
Now Tod is that a good thing or a bad thing. :shock: :shock: Should I be scared??
He is the resident FORD MAN, although I'm sure he isn't the only one. Rumor has it,however, that there is a chevrolet currently being built in his garage, so he may have switched teams.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:21 PM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! he must not go over to the dark side!!!!
Old 08-01-2009, 09:26 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

guys---it looks like it might be a 3/4 stroker chevy with full race valve covers installed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: In a 91 S10 SHORTBED :shock: :shock: ops: ops: :shock:

also--IF YOU KNOW NOTHING AT ALL ABOUT THE OVERHEAD CAM FORDS THEN RUN AWAY FROM THEM!!!!!!!
BUILD A NICE STROKER SBF AND YOU WILL BE VERY HAPPY OR IF YOU WANT TO GO CRAZY :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: DO THE BIG CUBE ENGINE AND WASTE ALOT!!!! OF TIRES :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 08-01-2009, 09:44 AM
DirkaDirka
RACING JUNKIE

also--IF YOU KNOW NOTHING AT ALL ABOUT THE OVERHEAD CAM FORDS THEN RUN AWAY FROM THEM!!!!!!!

OK you say that like there is something wrong with them. From what I have heard they were run in the 1994-2004-05 mustang cobras as a 4.6l and the 5.4 was in the lincoln navigators. Also in 2003-04 they were supercharged in the cobras. I also seen a car that has a 6/71 blower on a 4.6l that is running the prostreet div. in a mercury maruader. I can easily build a sbf or bbf too. I already have a 351windsor i believe that is in an old 84 f-350 that I can build. it runs but Im having trouble keeping it running going down the road. Anyways, I think this is enough for right now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -