Thread: powerglide torque convertor

powerglide torque convertor

I am putting together a motor and tranny for my dirt modified. I have a 2 speed powerglide and will run a 400sbc. My question is about torque convertors. I have to run one and am not sure what size to get. I currently have a torque convertor that came out of a t350 out of my old 72 monte carlo. Any one know if this convertor would work on the powerglide? Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

verter

Sure it will Work!BUT,you will have to change the Input shaft in the Glide to a Turbo Spline.Its NO Big Deal,it just slides out and back in!
    Later
    G 8)

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    You need to know what stall that monte carlo one is. May be no good for your combo.
    It Ain't Over Til Its NOVA - 634ci of S*#t Your Pants!

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    If the converter is wrong for the application you may be leaving a lot of performance on the table. For a small fee you can send the converter in and have the necessary adjustments made. As mentioned, make sure that you have the correct spline input shaft.