Pro Comp heads, any good????

Old 07-28-2009, 05:42 PM
nova2206
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default Pro Comp heads, any good????

I recently had some major damage to my heads, they were Bowtie alluminum on my 496 BBC, question is, I have saw a lot of adds for the pro comp heads and was wondering if anyone had used these or if they are any count.
Thanks for the help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_n4aqQQjBA
Old 07-28-2009, 05:57 PM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...hlight=procomp
Old 07-28-2009, 06:33 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

OH NO....I aint saying anything.

http://forums.racingjunk.com/viewtop...540+junk+heads
Old 07-28-2009, 09:32 PM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

Have read a lot of bad things about them.
Gossip is a Form of Ear Pollution, but word on the street is Pro Comp is out of bussiness and RHS bought the design a few years back, stuck a bunch of money in the design to make it better.

I don't know about you, but I never want to be the guinea pig on any new casting.

Save yourself a headache and a bunch of CASH$$$$$$$, Dart, Brodix and AFR will help you obtain any power level your looking to achieve....

Good Luck
Old 07-29-2009, 04:44 AM
chevynovaman
SENIOR BUILDER

EVERYBODY TALKS BAD ABOUT PRO-COMPS, THESE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE NEVER RUN THEM...I HAVE THEM ON MY 496 BIG BLOCK AND THEY WORK GREAT.... JUST AS GOOD AS ANY BIG DOLLAr DART 320 HEAD I HAVE EVER HAD.. DONT KNOCK EM IF YOU HAVE NEVER TRIED THEM... I DONT THINK PRO-COMPS WILL PERFORM LIKE A BIG BOWTIE HEAD ...OPINION GOOD LUCK....
Old 07-29-2009, 08:39 AM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by chevynovaman
EVERYBODY TALKS BAD ABOUT PRO-COMPS, THESE ARE THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE NEVER RUN THEM...I HAVE THEM ON MY 496 BIG BLOCK AND THEY WORK GREAT.... JUST AS GOOD AS ANY BIG DOLLAr DART 320 HEAD I HAVE EVER HAD.. DONT KNOCK EM IF YOU HAVE NEVER TRIED THEM... I DONT THINK PRO-COMPS WILL PERFORM LIKE A BIG BOWTIE HEAD ...OPINION GOOD LUCK....
You get what you pay for in life. Good ain't cheap, and cheap ain't good.

Pro-Comps and Patriots are cheap Chinese knock offs of guys like Dick Maskin at Dart, who put hundreds if not thousands of hours of development and testing into their heads.

You want to continue supporting the downfall of America, buy Chinese!

The more manufacturing plants that close up, the more jobs that we lose. A country can not survive being a "service industry".
Old 07-29-2009, 08:59 AM
whitey70ss
MASTER BUILDER

wow you just said a mouthfull onebadgmc . I own my own trucking business and I have never been in such bad shape. The only trucking going on right now is the sea containers and you know what they haul imported garbage!! I used to haul steel out of ohio, pittsburgh ,and west virginia the mills are on skeleton crews and closing up!I sure dont see it getting any better any time soon.I am personally looking at selling my equipment and getting a (real) job. I never thought I would ever go back to letting someone tell me how to do my job but I really have no choice if I want to keep everything I have worked so hard to get! And its just like you said a nation cant survive on the service industry alone we need manufacturing etc...
Old 07-29-2009, 09:29 AM
FullTimeRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Originally Posted by OneBadGMC
Originally Posted by chevynovaman
You get what you pay for in life. Good ain't cheap, and cheap ain't good.

Pro-Comps and Patriots are cheap Chinese knock offs of guys like Dick Maskin at Dart, who put hundreds if not thousands of hours of development and testing into their heads.

You want to continue supporting the downfall of America, buy Chinese!

The more manufacturing plants that close up, the more jobs that we lose. A country can not survive being a "service industry".
A BIG X 3 on that :wink:
Old 07-29-2009, 10:56 AM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

[b]A BIG X4 ON THAT, OUT OF A JOB YET? KEEP BUYING FOREIGN!! http://killingusa.com/
Old 07-29-2009, 11:15 AM
OneBadGMC
RACING JUNKIE

Don't get me started on the 'stimulus' package...

Makes me sick. Long and short of it...

They're spending money on short term crap, that's all service related. When these 'service' jobs are completed, the people they hired will lose their jobs again.

We need to be investing in manufacturing. Taking raw materials and turning them into finished goods is what will grow the country. There has to be a healthy balance between manufacturing and service...

I swear I should have gotten into politics or economics instead of purchasing...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -