US 41 Dragway

Old 07-27-2009, 04:28 PM
LEONWOODARD
SHOW GUEST

Default US 41 Dragway

On Saturday July 25, 2009 a 9 year old little girl and 3 of her friends where standing in the staging lanes watching her father do a little T&T when a little boy on a dirt bike flew past them going too fast. The little girl yelled out "Slow down". The little boy raised his middle finger and said "F*** you, you Black B*****". A few moments went by then the little boy turned his dirt bike around and ran the little girl over and called her a "Nigger".

In tears and pain the little girl went to get her Father and told him what happened.

Track officials notified the EMT on site to examine the injury.

Track officials stated that once the little boy was located that he would be removed from the track. When track officials located the little boy he was not removed, instead the officials called the police on the Dad of the injured girl.

The Newton County police arrived took the statement of the accused and did not take the statement of the victim and told the Dad of the injured child that there was nothing that they could do because they weren't there to see it themselves. They were reluctant to even take a report.

To add insult to injury when the owner of the track was notified of the incident and asked what if he was a victim of something of the sort he stated" I don't care what people call me! I don't have anything to do with that!"

In the end the Newton County Police did nothing, the track reneged on it's promise to remove the little boy, the little girl was taken to Jasper County Hospital due to the fact that the injury to her foot was so severe she needed further treatment.

It saddened my heart to see something like that happen to a child so young due to circumstances she had no control over, not to mention the fact that nobody, not even the track assumed responsibility for it and apologized :shock:
Old 07-27-2009, 04:48 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

That is sad. I can just imagine where the little boy learned his behavior. From his father that probably isn't any better.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:02 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

reading about this makes me sick. hope she isn't seriously injured. the parents of that boy must be a real piece of work , that boy learned that somewhere. us 41 is an anything goes track, i was there a couple of times and wouldn't return there. I dont like running down the track next to unsafe junk and to many punks there.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:33 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Somebody needs to whip that little boy like my dad would have whipped me.
I'm 41 and my dad would still tear my butt up if I acted like that.
That's why I don't drag race. The local track is ROUGH. You can't leave your trailer unless it's locked or everthing will be gone when you come back to it.
I hope she's ok!!
Old 07-27-2009, 05:49 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

yes that is a bad Story..i agree some tracks can be rough..i have drag raced all my teenage and adult life and the problems i see mostly is the people that come to the track to spectate or hang out..very rarely i see racers themselves posing problems...although i am not saying some racers have not caused problems in the past...but this is anywhere you go or any kind of racing

i was at a Big ORSCA event this past weekend. Many well known racers were there..Steve Kirk,Tony Christian,Tim Lynch, Steve Petty engine Builder...Many More... etc....etc.......the Pits were fine..had no issues having my little girl hanging around the Rig....we walked up to the stands to watch a limited street Class and i had to cover my little ones ears and we left the stands 2 rounds into the class..it was Bad.

i also say every sanction should crack down on reckless "fast driving" in the pits on tow vehicles, ATV'S,Scooters....etc....thats where someone is gonna get killed if something doesn't happen soon.

My 2 cents

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 07-27-2009, 05:54 PM
deward
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default US 41

US 41 Drag strip is a joke. The last time I was there they had no tow truck or any type of safety equipment. I saw a car blow the engine, slide in his own oil and hit the guard rail. Thank God he didn't hurt himself, but to add insult to injury the poor guy had to un-hook his trailer and use his own truck to drag what was left of his car off the track.
Run there at your own risk.
I'm not surprized at the incident with the little girl. The track allows jerks on their mini-bikes to run every where. Another problem, no Security people.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:00 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

RUN THERE AT GREAT RISK!!!
Old 07-27-2009, 06:11 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Bjuice I agree, but you should go back to Jackson on a Thursday or Saturday night. You wouldn't believe you were at the same track that you went to last Sat.
A race track of any kind should be a family atmosphere. I have pictures of Jackson from when it first opened. You use to come off the strip and onto a dirt shutdown :shock: My Dad raced there in the 60's, but Jackson on a regular night is no place for me.
In the MRA we have rules against such behavior. Not only would you be kicked out by security, but the race team the kid belonged to would have points deducted too.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:12 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

This is sad, around here, not only would they be thrown out, But the kid would be charged by the police :!: :!:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 07-27-2009, 06:34 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

MUCH of that type of unacceptable behavior by 'adults' is due to the consumption of beer and spirits. I personally feel that there should be ZERO alcohol sold/served at ANY sporting event. PERIOD.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -