Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: "RACER'S BEWARE"of Tony's Hi-Performance

  1. #1

    "RACER'S BEWARE"of Tony's Hi-Performance

    To any racer thinking of letting Tony Mangrum of Tony's Hi-Performance in Providence Forge,Va put together a race motor you better back up!In 2008 I guarantee just about every motor Tony put together had some type of mechanical failure,and Tony didn't stand behind one of them with his famous last words being"IT AIN'T MY FAULT".Tony built a smallblock ford for me using all the best parts you can buy sonny bryant crank,grp rods,dart block,yates heads etc.Prior to Tony putting the motor together I noticed that there were not any bushings in my lifter bores,when I brought this to Tony's attention he assured me that it would be okay.Well sure enough after 8 passes(6 1/8mi and 2 1/4mi)4 lifters seized up in motor hanging valves open causing major damage.Tony's response was I will help you anyway I can but"IT AIN'T MY FAULT", which ended up being nothing.The people that Tony out source machine work to are also incompetent.Jeff Lilly(a sonny leonard reject)does Tony's cylinder heads.Jeff worked my heads(which I used on a previous motor)after a poor performance I had them checked by HRD Racing Heads and found that they flowed no where near what Jeff said they did.Later I found out that Jeff had done the same thing to other people and Tony was aware of this fact.Tony uses a machine shop called "The Shop" owned and operated by Louis Robertson in Charles city,Va.Louis balanced my motor welding metal on counter weight of my $2500.00 sonny bryant crank and it looked like someone that didn't know how to weld did it(bubble gum)charging me an outrageous fee of $900.00.With today's technology there is no way this should have been done.I put this information out there because as hard as it is to make money these days,if a person want's to throw money away do it off a bridge not at Tony's Hi-Performance!!!!!!

  2. #2
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Posts
    664
    900 Bucks to balance a crank, WOW Thats a lot of Moly

    Hate to say it, and I am sure you understand,but you got shafted.

  3. #3

    PROUD CUSTOMER OF TONY'S HIGH PERFORMANCE

    THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS A REPLY TO A POSTING JULY 27TH BY THE AUTHOR " rothchild. STATEMENTS WERE MADE BY THE AUTHOR THAT WERE NOT TRUE , LIBELOUS AND DEFAMATORY TOWARDS TONY MANGRUM THE OWNER OF " TONY'S HIGH PERFORMANCE CENTER IN PROVIDENCE FORCE, VIRGINIA.
    OVER THE YEARS TONY MANGRUM HAS BUILT AND FRESHENED UP TWO VERY STRONG PERFORMING MOTORS FOR ME. TONY IS A VERY PROFESSIONAL CHASSIS AND ENGINE BUILDER. THE FOLLOWING STATEMENTS ARE TRUE..
    TONY MANGRUM BUILT "rothchild " AS HE CALLS HIMSELF ON THIS FORUM A VERY STRONG PERFORMING SMALL BLOCK FORD MOTOR. SOMETIME LATER " rothchild " MODIFIED THE MOTOR THAT TONY HAD BUILT FOR HIM. THE MOTOR WAS NOW BEING INJECTED WITH PRESSURIZED STREAMS OF NITROUS OXIDE. (NO3(S)>H2O(G)+N2O).
    AS ALL USERS OF THAT GOOD STUFF SHOULD KNOW. REACTION OCCURS BETWEEN 170' - 240'C. TEMPERATURES WHERE AMMONIUM NITRATE IS A MODERATELY SENSITIVE ""EXPLOSIVE"" AND A VERY POWERFUL OXIDIZER. ABOVE 240' THE EXTHERMIC REACTION MAY ACCELERATE TO THE POINT OF DETONATION.
    THE WHOLE TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS: TONY MANGRUM OF TONY'S HIGH PERFORMANCE CENTER IN PROVIDENCE FORGE, VIRGINIA BUILT "rothchild " A VERY GOOD MOTOR. I PERSONALLY WATCHED THE CAR/MOTOR PREFORM SEVEN SECOND+ PASSES MANY TIMES.
    CONCLUSION, MR. "rothchild " BAD MOUTH NEEDS TO FACE THE TRUTH. " HIS NITROUS MODIFICATION AND HE ALONE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR BLOWING HIS MOTOR.

  4. #4
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,289
    This could get interesting, with some proof from either side that is.

  5. #5
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Standing right behind you
    Posts
    1,210

    Re: "RACER'S BEWARE"of Tony's Hi-Performance

    Quote Originally Posted by rothchild
    To any racer thinking of letting Tony Mangrum of Tony's Hi-Performance in Providence Forge,Va put together a race motor you better back up!In 2008 I guarantee just about every motor Tony put together had some type of mechanical failure,and Tony didn't stand behind one of them with his famous last words being"IT AIN'T MY FAULT".Tony built a smallblock ford for me using all the best parts you can buy sonny bryant crank,grp rods,dart block,yates heads etc.Prior to Tony putting the motor together I noticed that there were not any bushings in my lifter bores,when I brought this to Tony's attention he assured me that it would be okay.Well sure enough after 8 passes(6 1/8mi and 2 1/4mi)4 lifters seized up in motor hanging valves open causing major damage.Tony's response was I will help you anyway I can but"IT AIN'T MY FAULT", which ended up being nothing.The people that Tony out source machine work to are also incompetent.Jeff Lilly(a sonny leonard reject)does Tony's cylinder heads.Jeff worked my heads(which I used on a previous motor)after a poor performance I had them checked by HRD Racing Heads and found that they flowed no where near what Jeff said they did.Later I found out that Jeff had done the same thing to other people and Tony was aware of this fact.Tony uses a machine shop called "The Shop" owned and operated by Louis Robertson in Charles city,Va.Louis balanced my motor welding metal on counter weight of my $2500.00 sonny bryant crank and it looked like someone that didn't know how to weld did it(bubble gum)charging me an outrageous fee of $900.00.With today's technology there is no way this should have been done.I put this information out there because as hard as it is to make money these days,if a person want's to throw money away do it off a bridge not at Tony's Hi-Performance!!!!!!
    Game on.

    A) Quote: In 2008 I guarantee just about every motor Tony put together had some type of mechanical failure,and Tony didn't stand behind one of them with his famous last words being"IT AIN'T MY FAULT". Okay lets see some posters/testimonials if this is true?

    B) Did you run Nitrous and was it the correct install and did the builder know about this or perform any mods?

    C) Quote: Tony uses a machine shop called "The Shop" owned and operated by Louis Robertson in Charles city,Va.Louis balanced my motor welding metal on counter weight of my $2500.00 sonny bryant crank and it looked like someone that didn't know how to weld did it(bubble gum)charging me an outrageous fee of $900.00.

    Do you have pictures and a receipt for the $900 beans? I am getting my 396 balanced at this minute and the price is far less than that-granted its a stock build in a 68 camaro but as other users have mentioned price seems high- show us pics of the price and workmanship and let that speak for itself.

    D) Quote: Jeff Lilly(a sonny leonard reject)does Tony's cylinder heads.Jeff worked my heads(which I used on a previous motor)after a poor performance I had them checked by HRD Racing Heads and found that they flowed no where near what Jeff said they did.Later I found out that Jeff had done the same thing to other people

    Simple enough what was the flow rate that came with the heads and what was the flow rate when you had them tested separately? post what you received. Also if you know that it was done to other people get them on here and share their experiences

    It is not defamation, libel, slander or anything if its true, so Rothchild if you indeed did your research start posting to support your case. So show us the facts.

    You put it out there so back it up.

    Scorp
    Cowards often find courage behind a keyboard. If you want to get personal, look me in the eye when you say it, and be man enough to deal with the consequences.

    Bullying whiny little scammers everywhere. Don't like it? Just keep crying.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by hollowayshotrods
    This could get interesting, with some proof from either side that is.
    DING, DING, DING

  7. #7
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Standing right behind you
    Posts
    1,210

    Re: PROUD CUSTOMER OF TONY'S HIGH PERFORMANCE

    Quote Originally Posted by landcasenny
    THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS A REPLY TO A POSTING JULY 27TH BY THE AUTHOR " rothchild. STATEMENTS WERE MADE BY THE AUTHOR THAT WERE NOT TRUE , LIBELOUS AND DEFAMATORY TOWARDS TONY MANGRUM THE OWNER OF " TONY'S HIGH PERFORMANCE CENTER IN PROVIDENCE FORCE, VIRGINIA.
    OVER THE YEARS TONY MANGRUM HAS BUILT AND FRESHENED UP TWO VERY STRONG PERFORMING MOTORS FOR ME. TONY IS A VERY PROFESSIONAL CHASSIS AND ENGINE BUILDER. THE FOLLOWING STATEMENTS ARE TRUE..
    TONY MANGRUM BUILT "rothchild " AS HE CALLS HIMSELF ON THIS FORUM A VERY STRONG PERFORMING SMALL BLOCK FORD MOTOR. SOMETIME LATER " rothchild " MODIFIED THE MOTOR THAT TONY HAD BUILT FOR HIM. THE MOTOR WAS NOW BEING INJECTED WITH PRESSURIZED STREAMS OF NITROUS OXIDE. (NO3(S)>H2O(G)+N2O).
    AS ALL USERS OF THAT GOOD STUFF SHOULD KNOW. REACTION OCCURS BETWEEN 170' - 240'C. TEMPERATURES WHERE AMMONIUM NITRATE IS A MODERATELY SENSITIVE ""EXPLOSIVE"" AND A VERY POWERFUL OXIDIZER. ABOVE 240' THE EXTHERMIC REACTION MAY ACCELERATE TO THE POINT OF DETONATION.
    THE WHOLE TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS: TONY MANGRUM OF TONY'S HIGH PERFORMANCE CENTER IN PROVIDENCE FORGE, VIRGINIA BUILT "rothchild " A VERY GOOD MOTOR. I PERSONALLY WATCHED THE CAR/MOTOR PREFORM SEVEN SECOND+ PASSES MANY TIMES.
    CONCLUSION, MR. "rothchild " BAD MOUTH NEEDS TO FACE THE TRUTH. " HIS NITROUS MODIFICATION AND HE ALONE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR BLOWING HIS MOTOR.

    Just curious; youre not Tony I gather, yet you seem to have intimate knowledge of the Rothchild motor- How is that?

    Also my guess is that Tony Mangrum knows you posted on his behalf, especially as a result of your leading sentence- Why not encourage him to come on to the forum, share his side of the story and provide support?

    It will not only clearly address the issue, but would probably win him some customers.

    Silence is so damn loud sometimes.

    Scorp
    Cowards often find courage behind a keyboard. If you want to get personal, look me in the eye when you say it, and be man enough to deal with the consequences.

    Bullying whiny little scammers everywhere. Don't like it? Just keep crying.

  8. #8
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    EUGENE,OR.
    Posts
    3,408
    Lets see the facts gentlemen... It so easy to post here & make allegations with little substance when people are emotional.

    Landcasenny: How do you personally know that rothchild used nitrous "sometime later" on a motor not built for it? You have seen this motor go down the track "several times" & make "seven 7+ second pases"... Rothchild says he made 8 total passes... 2 of them 1/4 mile. So, 6 of those passes were made 1/8 mile & you basically saw several/all of them? Why is it exactly that you are posting here & Tony is not?? Last, I hear the core issue is that there were no lifter bores installed & that Tony assured it would be fine this way.... then 4 of the lifters siezed up causing further damage. Believe me, I am not picking sides, but things do not line up- like Scorpion said, with some facts/pictures etc... the true story will emerge. You are nothing more than a 3rd party biased info source with ZERO evidence to prove anything.

    I find it odd that Tony is not here to explain his side of the story. Again, a statement of truth voids Libelous, Defamatory or Slanderous words. Lets see some facts, pictures, etc.... doing nothing will reap the rewards of nothing.
    "I would walk through hell on Sunday before I fear the enemy"

  9. #9
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE lively's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    ILLINOIS
    Posts
    2,191
    :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

    THE SUSPENSE BIULDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDS!!!!!!!!!!

  10. #10
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE THERATTLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    MANIAC , MISSISSIPPI
    Posts
    1,469
    I don't see where using nitrous in an engine would make the heads flow less than they claimed or how it puts a big gob of weld on the crank or make the lifters seize in their bores ..just my thoughts
    ***IN GOD WE TRUST***GOD BLESS AMERICA******


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Email us - Support@RacingJunk.com
Call us - 866.326.9227
Copyright © 2005-2016 RacingJunk.com All Rights Reserved.

Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the RacingJunk.com
Terms of Use, Classifieds Disclaimer, Privacy Policy, and Cookie Policy