Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GOTTA LUV THESE 9 SEC MUSTANGS Ad #1603188

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR

GOTTA LUV THESE 9 SEC MUSTANGS Ad #1603188

Ad #1603188 I DONT SEE WHY EVERYBODY THAT HAS A STANG THINKS IT A 9 SEC RIDE.I HAVE A 89 STANG 4 LINK SBC YADA YADA WITH A 13.1 ON ALKY AND I RUN A 10.31 NOW HOW CAN A DAILY DRIVER STANG RUN A 9 SEC PASS..???? WITH NO TURBO,, HUMMM..NOW I DONT THINK THIS GUY IS A SCAMMER.I JUST THINK HE IS KINDA OVER BLUFFING HIS CAR..

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    better get more then 200 shot to make it run 9's

I was going to message him and ask to post a pic of any time slip in the 10's with that setup so we could see but didnt. :lol:
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

Maybe the track he goes to is 500 ft short.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE THERATTLER's Avatar
    :shock: The title says 9 sec car , the script says mid 10 sec car on the street ( whatever that means :?: ) with the cruise on and it gets 20 miles to the gallon to boot , what else could you want :roll:
    ( I think this might be another one that meant 1/8 th mile (on the street) :lol:
    Hammer , I don't think he can get a slip from "on the street" :lol: :lol:
    ***IN GOD WE TRUST***GOD BLESS AMERICA******

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER

Thats what he meant

I did email him to see if he meant the 1/8th mile & he meant a 1/4--Although hes not had it at the track yet he stated he did beat his buddys car by several cars & I think he said that car ran in the 6s(1/8th mine).So I guess you just have to be good at your math-Bigray--You need to contact this guy for some tuning tips,sounds like if all you can run is low 10s its just a minor tuning problem?? LOL You Just Got To Love It!!! Hey no foul,no one injured so if hes convinced his car will run 9s & he never has to prove it well???JMO

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    yea,i just think its funny..kinda like back in the days i ran fast lake boat.it was a cole flat bottom V drive,with a 427 at 14.1 and people would show up with there jet boats, with a B impeller and say it would run a 100.and i would say,well heck you should have no problum coming around my 65mph V drive then should ya,and then i would slap about a 120mph woop azz on them.yea they may seem fast..But you never know untill you put the radar on it.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Moderator RACING JUNKIE Harbone's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have a 10.4 second Murray lawnmower with a 46 inch mower deck, great times and very consistent for a 15 hp Briggs and Stratton motor. I dont have any time slips but it woops my neighbors 11 second John Deere every time we are mowing the yard! :roll:
    Chris

As close to "Normal" as I can get...

Quote Originally Posted by maniac
    :shock: The title says 9 sec car , the script says mid 10 sec car on the street ( whatever that means :?: ) with the cruise on and it gets 20 miles to the gallon to boot , what else could you want :roll:
    ( I think this might be another one that meant 1/8 th mile (on the street) :lol:
    Hammer , I don't think he can get a slip from "on the street" :lol: :lol:
    Maybe that guy is the used car salesman that sold me my truck. It is a 1 ton 4 wheel drive crew cab dually with a 454....he told me it got 17-18 mpg. :lol:

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE THERATTLER's Avatar
    With that kind of milage , it ought to run in the nines, in the mud with the cruise on :lol:
    ***IN GOD WE TRUST***GOD BLESS AMERICA******

Harbo, a 10 second murry whoopin an 11 second mopar just dont sound right . :roll: