Thread: API Bolt together converter

Junior Member JOURNEYMAN

API Bolt together converter

Anyone ever use one of these? What do you all think of them, are they worth the money, thanks

Member MASTER JOURNEYMAN
    What is your application? I run a Neal Chance bolt together, Its nice if you are going to service it your self or adjust it.

Junior Member JOURNEYMAN
    427 small chevy, with a 250 shot on it, 3300lb 4x4 truck heads up drag racing in the mud

just heard good things about them and was trying to get some more input before buying a new one. l have used tci, and coan in the past and had great luck with both but always looking for something new

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    Ive got an API bolt together converter,works great!!! DR.

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    I have a Neal Chance all aluminum converter in my Nova. It reduced the rotating mass by 6 lbs. Sixty foots dropped from 1.14 to 1.06 and ET dropped from 7.06 to 6.84. Cost a lot of money but well worth it. Easy to change the stall by moving shims. Have a spare stator incase I'm not running nitrous. You can clean the thing out yourself if theres a transmission disaster.

Marty Chance is a great guy. Check out the pics of the converter on my RJ profile below.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    [quote="chevyfireball"]You can clean the thing out yourself if theres a transmission disaster.quote]

And as mentioned, change your stall at any time. Those two features are worth the money.

Dave
    Dave
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/343797
    "All that is necessary for the triump of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    If you ever saw one of these up close and apart, you would be amazed. The technology is outstanding