Thread: carb spacers

carb spacers

what's the advantage of running a carb spacer. have any one used a super sucker spacer or wilson or what's the best one out. thanks.

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

Re: carb spacers

Quote Originally Posted by bigmack
    what's the advantage of running a carb spacer. have any one used a super sucker spacer or wilson or what's the best one out. thanks.
    I have used a 2" aluminum super sucker and it seemed to work for my engine. Every engine seems to like something a little different.. JMO..

Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER
    Depends on the engine. I tried a slew of different spacers on the dyno before and some gained power, some lost power and some didn't make any change at all.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE mopar1968's Avatar
    Now this is something i have never understood, just what do they [ spacer] do :?: I gave up don't run one at all :!: :!:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
    Head's up the true drag race!!

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    I run a spacer but only for it's insulating properties, its a moroso 1/2 laminated wood spacer, keeps my carb cool as a kitten.

Back to your question, every motor is different some respond to spacers some don't.

Generally speaking the taller the spacers like a 2 inch open one add plenum volume which should net you more top end HP, the 4 hole spacers add torque, how much is debatable.

Some companys claim some pretty substaintial gains but every combo is different - what worked on their test mule may not perform well on your set-up, kinda a crap shoot if you ask me

JMO>Cp
    ***IN GOD WE TRUST***