need some help...

Old 07-19-2009, 05:18 PM
bowhay
EXPERT BUILDER

Default need some help...

ok so i have a 383 sbc, all forged rotating assembly, 10.7 to 1 comp, vortec heads, and 750 holley carb, and a 3000 stall
i had a 489, 491 lift voodoo cam in it but im about to go with somethin bigger
can anyone give me some ideas of what might be best for the application
:?: :?:
Old 07-19-2009, 05:46 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Bowhay I had a flat top piston 406 with world products sportsman heads(200cc intake ports) I used a comp cams hydraulic it was .507 lift or .501 can't remember and advertised duration was 292 I think. Dur@ .050 was around 244. Actually, I think they call it a MAGNUM 292 ...I started with the Magnum 305 and it was too much and went to the next one down and it worked beautifully. My compression was around 11 to 1 I ran a performer RPM and a 700 DP . With a 10 inch converter and a 4.10 gear in a 3700 lb Chevelle it would 60 ft 1.71 with the ft break. Ran 8.17 in the eighth.Not a rocket ship but would really set you in the seat for a big heavy car. That motor is still in that Chevelle today but I haven't ran it in years since I have my BB Nova.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:05 PM
bowhay
EXPERT BUILDER

well the block i have is set up for a roller cam, and i have a set of roller lifters
so i was lookin at a howards hyd. roller cam with about a 533 lift
what do yall think about that one?
Old 07-19-2009, 09:33 PM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

Your best bet is to talk to a cam grinder and be completely honest with the info you give them about your combination...then let them pick the cam for you.You could also call COMP or Lunati or fill out one of their cam recommendation forms and have them recommend one...then,you can look at those specs and see if HOWARD has anything close to that. There is more to consider than the lift.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:31 PM
littlehotrod
MASTER BUILDER

Default hey

hey i dont come in here much so im still learning things in the form..But im about figure it all out but thanks..
Old 07-22-2009, 05:48 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

littlehotrod you don't hear so good do you. Hammertime told you nicely this is not a classified section in transmissions. And hear you are plugging your sh*t here. This is a forum not classified, you need to take your stuff to the RJ home site. It won'tbe long and no one from here buy any of your stuff. Now you've been asked twice.
have a great day
Old 07-22-2009, 06:37 AM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by dparker
littlehotrod you don't hear so good do you. Hammertime told you nicely this is not a classified section in transmissions. And hear you are plugging your sh*t here. This is a forum not classified, you need to take your stuff to the RJ home site. It won'tbe long and no one from here buy any of your stuff. Now you've been asked twice.
have a great day
Make that four times since Parker noted number 3 on the other post. You have made several post telling everyone how great you are. Makes me suspicious...............

Dave
Old 07-22-2009, 10:33 AM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by oldandtired
have a great day
Make that four times since Parker noted number 3 on the other post. You have made several post telling everyone how great you are. Makes me suspicious...............

Dave
I sure wouldn't buy from him since he blows his own horn so loud!!!
Haven't heard anyone else say what a great guy he is. Anyone???
Old 07-22-2009, 03:42 PM
bowhay
EXPERT BUILDER

yea
kinda wierd that i put what i have on here and ask what cam would work good for me...and he tries to sell me what i already have???
Old 07-22-2009, 04:10 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by BEAST477
Originally Posted by oldandtired
have a great day

Dave
I sure wouldn't buy from him since he blows his own horn so loud!!!
Haven't heard anyone else say what a great guy he is. Anyone???
x2 this guy is becoming a pain in the a$$

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -