Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: throttle controlled a/c???

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER

throttle controlled a/c???

on my brothers 99ford f250 his a/c blowers weaker the harder your on the gas

is that the a/c clutch or a vacumm leak or what??
    pray for our soldiers our freedom and rain

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    I don't know much about A/C (nothing really) but I think older cars had a vaccum ball valve that has something to do with the airflow on acceleration...something like that

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    Probably a vacuum leak, and as Tod said, there's a reservoir somewhere. I think it's on the rh fenderwell. There's a lot of hard plastic vacuum lines on that vintage Ford, so it may take a while to find. Good luck!
    Johnny

does it switch from vents to defrost ehen this happens if it does look for white plastic vac line on pass side fender near firewall will be cracked

Quote Originally Posted by Tod74
    I don't know much about A/C (nothing really) but I think older cars had a vaccum ball valve that has something to do with the airflow on acceleration...something like that
    Some models used a vacuum switch to cut the compressor off under hard acceleration (high vacuum). Another way to assist the net HP numbers Detroit threw at us.

Dave
    Dave
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/343797
    "All that is necessary for the triump of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheYellaBrick's Avatar
    Every one of my cars has 'Throttle control' AC !!!!! Right foot to the floor and all the air I want !!
    TRUTH is HATE
    to those who
    HATE TRUTH

God Bless our folks in uniform
    "We the People, have your backs"
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/279898

I have 2x55 AC, 2 windows down 55 mph. 8)
    Blowninjected 540 - when is going fast, Fast enough ?????

http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/182079

hey blow injector you better be goin more than 55 with that big ol' blower haha but we just recently had some work done to the vacumm resevoir cause it fell off and he ran it over and after that the air only blew out the floor vents but now it has the new throttle control problem.
    pray for our soldiers our freedom and rain

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE mopar1968's Avatar
    Ok first, Does the blower motor slow down or does the air stop cooling? Vacum has nothing to do with the blower motor, it is 12 volt :!: :!: If the air flow stop's there is a plug on the drivers side of the heater box, it connect's the engine vacum to the box, it has a Red, Yellow,Green, Black vacum lines, Ford had a problem with these connectors leaking. The vacum line going thru the firewall to box should branch off of the brake booster, if the booster is leaking vacum, it will starve the box blend door,floor,defrost,panel, accurator's when you get on the fuel.... HOPE THIS HELP'S :!: :!:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
    Head's up the true drag race!!

The thing I was talking about didn't have anything to do with the blower motor it was my understanding it had to do with the flaps/ductwork. But that was on a 72 chevelle.Sounds like MOPAR68 knows what he is talking about I'd check that.