rear of car moving to right.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:45 AM
andybyrd
MASTER BUILDER

Default rear of car moving to right.

what causes a car to move the tail end to the right side durring burn outs.
Thanks Andy
Old 07-08-2009, 12:22 PM
oldandtired
RACING JUNKIE

I may be all wrong, but I suspect the engine torque. Since the drivetrain is moving clockwise (looking from the front), it's trying to lift the drivers side first and it may start to unload the drivers rear tire. Then the passinger tire hooks harder and the car tries to crab walk sideways against the line lock.

Dave
Old 07-08-2009, 01:05 PM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Or slight difference in roll out of the slicks, small amount of preload on that side, or just more weight on the right side slick same effect as preload.

Curtis
Old 07-08-2009, 02:46 PM
andybyrd
MASTER BUILDER

Thanks guys. I had a 69 chevelle that was a ladder bar car that done it so bad you could not do a burn out. it would get completely side ways.
and now this 85 camaro does the same thing. and I see a few others doing it also. I was just wandering what caused that. I have to do a pro stock type burn out or it won't stick.
Thanks guys for the Info. Andy
Old 07-08-2009, 03:55 PM
johnracer
DYNO OPERATOR

Usually it's caused by too low rpm in the burnout. At what rpm do you burnout? I like 6500+, get it in high as soon as possible or start in high. I've done high only burnouts for years and they work great in most cars running under 12 seconds. Tires will smoke like, right now......so you may need to keep it short. Mine are usually 2.5- 3 seconds long......
Old 07-08-2009, 06:00 PM
andybyrd
MASTER BUILDER

you might have something there, I do my burnouts now like this: I pull through the water box go WOT it shifts @7000 and then I lighten up a bit and its ready. But as I can remember when I was using the roll stop during the burn outs I never just nailed it I was always slow to come up into rpm's for the burnout,
Andy Byrd
Old 07-08-2009, 08:22 PM
rob41willys
SENIOR BUILDER

X2- not enough wheel speed
Old 07-09-2009, 03:37 AM
CamBirdRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Could be the track. One track we race at, right lane -car pulls to right, left lane-car pulls to the left.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:47 AM
andybyrd
MASTER BUILDER

well just to let yall know, it was ME not hitting it hard enough at first. now its perfect dosen't move at all. you have to just nail it and its great. Thanks Again for all the help.
Andy