Thread: fuel pressure bouncing

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

fuel pressure bouncing

friends car has fuel pressure bouncing from 2-7 lbs. have new fuel pump, lines are ok, fuel filter is new. car runs ok till you give it gas and then it dies down. have new guage also. is it possible that the needle and seat is sticking and making the pressure jump up and down. if this is a possibility, haw can i verify it, short of changing the needle and seat. thanks chevy art. any other ideas

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    Most likely some other problem. Fuel line too small maybe, or restriction in the tank........what kind of pump?

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    hey johnracer. pump is ok. is a berand new holley black pump. we are going after the tank right now. you are probably right on. its the only thing it couyld be thanks chewvy art

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    I would say its a bad regulator, spring weak.....

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheRabbit's Avatar
    If it sticks at 2- 7 I would double check the guage. They stick even when new. If it really is bouncing between 2 and 7 very lickley regulator. Don't care who's pump or regulator you use ALL ARE OVERPRICED and break way to often. I always keep an extra pump on hand.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Holley Black says they are "internally regulated" while the Blue calls for a remote regulator. Just FYI.... Scooter
    "I would walk through hell on Sunday before I fear the enemy"

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    ive heard the liquid in the diffrent liquid filled gages can cause unaccurate readings from engine heat...i had one then ditched for a better,non filled fuel gage. good luck