Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: pro/sportman brake red light green light

  1. #1
    Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    LAWTON MI
    Posts
    113

    pro/sportman brake red light green light

    Has anyone went from a sportsman brake to a pro or pro/sport
    What kind of difference did you see in reaction times?
    I’m running in no box bottom bulb class with a hipster pro brake in a glide running low 10’s
    When I see the first yellow I put it against the brake/two step then drop my eyes to the bottom yellow so that I don’t anticipate
    I cannot leave at first sight of bottom or I will be red
    Thinking about trying a sportsman brake to see if it helps
    Lights so far this year
    .0147
    .0209
    .050
    .0401
    .0025
    .0213
    .0042
    -.0013
    -.0345
    .0032
    -.0126
    .0115
    .0107

  2. #2
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Coldwater, MI
    Posts
    2,998

    Re: pro/sportman brake red light green light

    Quote Originally Posted by wrightway
    Has anyone went from a sportsman brake to a pro or pro/sport
    What kind of difference did you see in reaction times?
    I’m running in no box bottom bulb class with a hipster pro brake in a glide running low 10’s
    When I see the first yellow I put it against the brake/two step then drop my eyes to the bottom yellow so that I don’t anticipate
    I cannot leave at first sight of bottom or I will be red
    Thinking about trying a sportsman brake to see if it helps
    Lights so far this year
    .0147
    .0209
    .050
    .0401
    .0025
    .0213
    .0042
    -.0013
    -.0345
    .0032
    -.0126
    .0115
    .0107
    A normal brake should slow down the leave some but will not tighten up the reactions, maybe something else is going on, plunger hanging up a bit bad solenoid ?
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

    Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

  3. #3
    Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Rifle Colorado
    Posts
    585
    If you have to sit on the bottom bulb to avoid going red, that's why your lights are erratic. That's a really tough thing to do consistently. A sportsman brake will help slow them down some but an additional hole is usually drilled in the rear of the case for a pro brake. I'm not sure if you'll have to plug it......other things you can try if you haven't already:
    stage REALLY shallow
    lower launch rpm
    taller front tire
    Does your car yank the front up out of the beams? If so, then maybe higher slick pressure or some suspension adjustments would help.......

  4. #4
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Coldwater, MI
    Posts
    2,998
    What added hole in the back of the case is drilled for a pro brake ?
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

    Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

  5. #5
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Independence, Missouri
    Posts
    1,188
    Dave,I think he's talking about a double dump pro brake, they drill an extra hole to dump pressure off the reverse clutches. Not sure all pro brakes are double dump.
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    **IN GOD WE TRUST**

  6. #6
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Coldwater, MI
    Posts
    2,998
    Quote Originally Posted by suicidebomb
    Dave,I think he's talking about a double dump pro brake, they drill an extra hole to dump pressure off the reverse clutches. Not sure all pro brakes are double dump.
    I hadnt used or seen one like that, thanks for the answer because it was a new one to me.

    Typically a normal pro brake isnt that way, I know the hipster isnt, I also know the hipster is a aggressive brake.
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

    Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

  7. #7
    Member JUNIOR BUILDER
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Odessa Texas
    Posts
    81
    You might try one of the slow releasing transbrake switches from Biondo.
    That might help you.

  8. #8
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    935
    A pro brake is faster than a standard brake. Like mentioned, if you are already having red issues you need to adjust front tire psi, size or look at an adjustable button.

  9. #9
    Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Rifle Colorado
    Posts
    585
    Quote Originally Posted by hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by suicidebomb
    Dave,I think he's talking about a double dump pro brake, they drill an extra hole to dump pressure off the reverse clutches. Not sure all pro brakes are double dump.
    I hadnt used or seen one like that, thanks for the answer because it was a new one to me.

    Typically a normal pro brake isnt that way, I know the hipster isnt, I also know the hipster is a aggressive brake.
    I thought all pro brakes were that way. I've installed TCI, ATI, and others and they were all double dump. I guess I just haven't dealt with any that weren't...........learned somethin' new!

  10. #10
    Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    LAWTON MI
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by johnracer
    If you have to sit on the bottom bulb to avoid going red, that's why your lights are erratic. That's a really tough thing to do consistently.
    Man that a understatement but think you feel my pain :wink:


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Email us - Support@RacingJunk.com
Call us - 866.326.9227
Copyright © 2005-2016 RacingJunk.com All Rights Reserved.

Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the RacingJunk.com
Terms of Use, Classifieds Disclaimer, Privacy Policy, and Cookie Policy