Thread: Foot brake or tranny brake?

Member JOURNEYMAN

Foot brake or tranny brake?

Just curios as to how much time difference between foot braking or using a tranny brake. I have a sqare tube chassis Camaro running a 496 w/a turbo 400, 5000 stall, 488 gears. I have only had the car out once 1st pass the car was on the two step and would not go over 4000 rmps, I had the two step wired wrong, 2nd pass the car rolled thru the lights I stopped and then hit it and went 118 mph but no time, third pass I unhooked the two step bottom bulbed it and it broke the tires loose and headed straight for the wall, I got out of it completely straightened up hit again and it went 6.50 at 114 mph, I hope to be able to get it out this coming Friday and do some more testing. The reason I am so far behind is we had a house fire on March 1st and have been living in a motel since that day. Thanks Mike

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Leave on the brake !! If it hooks you will be looking at the back of your own head.

yep,
    X2
    I think you just might have coined a new phrase regarding trans brakes and how effective they are.

someone else on here said that awhile back. :lol: