Thread: chevelle rear end

Junior Member SHOW GUEST

chevelle rear end

whats up guys. i have a couple of questions. i have a narrowed 9 inch rear end in my car. it was a sloppy job by previous owner. would it be best to stay with 9 inch, or i have a good 8.8 with disc brakes.would it hold. my car is a 70 pro street with 468 bb. i dont race it just mostly highway and to car shows but if i blow them off will it hold.thanks for any answers

The 8.8 is fine, as long as you put good parts in to it. A stock 8.8 is a little on the weak side. The only advantage of the 9 inch is the selection of parts available.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    What ARUSSELL said and the ease of changing ratios, Around here they're known as the poor mans quick change.
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    **IN GOD WE TRUST**

Junior Member SHOW GUEST

chevelle rear

kinda what i thought. alot of guys run them in mustangs and hold fairly well but they are light cars. my chevelle is quite a bit heavier. i just had this one and thought it would be a qiuck change but if it want hold up i dont want it. the 9 i have is shorter on one side and just a really shabby job as well as the welding. i can pick up another 9 pretty cheap. then have it narrowed up right.

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    Chris I sent you a pm.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE mytmouz's Avatar
    You can use the 8.8 discs on the 9, might be the way to go...
    If you think nobody cares, try missing a payment...