Thread: fuel pressure bouncing

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

fuel pressure bouncing

Noticed this last weekend at wot the fuel pressure was bouncing all over the place never dropped below 6psi but was bouncing in between 6-8 psi never had this happen before.....fuel filter has about 100 passes on it usually get alot more life out of it.......fuel pump is electric aeromotive and set around 8 psi cold.......regulator is holley big reg with two seperate feeds lines off of reg to carb....thanks in advance

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    Never had mine do that at wot. but bounces about 1/2 lb at idle. I thought that maybe it is the needle and seat opening and closing.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Could just be a bad gauge, if not that, regulator would be next place I'd go.
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    u may want to look into how much line pressure the regulator is having to try to hold back.call aeromotive and see how much,then look up holley and ask if regulator can hold pressure back.

i have a superflow(now called magna fuel) and they said their pumps have very high line pressure(think i remember about 24lbs pressure) and i found out hard way the cheapy holley regulator could not hold it.actually aeromotive said their regulators would be marginal.

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    Quote Originally Posted by russ67chevelle
    u may want to look into how much line pressure the regulator is having to try to hold back.call aeromotive and see how much,then look up holley and ask if regulator can hold pressure back.

i have a superflow(now called magna fuel) and they said their pumps have very high line pressure(think i remember about 24lbs pressure) and i found out hard way the cheapy holley regulator could not hold it.actually aeromotive said their regulators would be marginal.
    Pump is a aeromotive ss 11203 good to 750 hp i have 600
    fuel pressure it puts out 14 and 140 gph

the regulator is holleys big one not the small one can't remember part number........thanks