Thread: summers bros front mag drive

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER

summers bros front mag drive

just got my summers bros front dist drive.have a milodon gear drive that it will be going on.this is a bbc.would anyone have the instructions for this that they could copy and e-mail me or fax me?
    fax no#775-738-3964

let me reask this;;;how do you mount a summers bros front mag drive onto a milodon gear drive?pics would really be nice..send to hotrodharley@citlink.net
    thanks in advance for your help

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    I think you might have to make an adaptor to fit the Miladon cover. I've got a 402100 summers drive (sm/blk), but it also has the summers timing cover and i run their duel idler gears, unlike the miladon single idler gear. You may also have to make an spacer washer for the cam button hex drive. I ran this combination over 20 yrs. ago on a blown rodek but i don't remember what all i had to make for it to work. I'm assuming you bought a summers 402200 distributor drive unit, but i don't think you can use the summers timing cover over the miladon gear drive unit. I also run a 5" extension to drive the front mounted enderle 110 pump.
    Bottom line i think you will have to make some pieces to use the setup.

JMO

Zip.