LAUNCH STUTTER,PLEASE HELP!!

Old 06-04-2009, 02:07 AM
JEFF69Z28
DYNO OPERATOR

Default LAUNCH STUTTER,PLEASE HELP!!

CAR STUTTERS ON LAUNCH AND THEN CLEARS UP,DRIVING UP PIT ROAD I CAN HEAR A MISS,I HAVE A 6AL BOX WITH A BLASTER COIL AND A MSD 8555 DISTRIBUTOR.I HAD THE BOX CHECKED LAST YEAR AT A SPEED SHOP WITH MSD'S CHECKER AND IT SAID IT WAS OK. MY CAR WAS DOING THE SAME THING WITH THE OLD MOTOR AND CARB.GOT NEW CARB FOR NEW MOTOR FROM PRO SYSTEMS 2 PASSES AND NOW IT STUTTERS ON LAUNCH.
IM LOST!!
MY H2O PUMP,FUEL PUMP,ELECTRIC FAN AND STARTER ARE ALL ON THE SAME REDTOP OPTIMA BATTERY.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:53 AM
itsabird
RACING JUNKIE

i would start by checking grounds, makeing sure they are good, look for shorts, check fuel system, fuel pressure, fuel line for kinks, good luck.
Old 06-04-2009, 02:58 AM
JEFF69Z28
DYNO OPERATOR

DO I NEED A GROUND STRAP FROM THE ENGINE BLOCK TO THE FRAME OR IS THE ONE FROM THE BODY TO MY ALUM.HEAD GOOD ENOUGH.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:11 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by JEFF69Z28
DO I NEED A GROUND STRAP FROM THE ENGINE BLOCK TO THE FRAME OR IS THE ONE FROM THE BODY TO MY ALUM.HEAD GOOD ENOUGH.
I run one to the frame also on each side, grounds are your friend on these things. You do have your coil/dist wires not running together correct ? Have you checked all you plug wires to make sure they are ok ?
Old 06-04-2009, 04:51 AM
JEFF69Z28
DYNO OPERATOR

WIRES ARE BRAND NEW ULTRA 40 FROM MOROSO,I USED THE OLD MSD COIL WIRE DID'NT HAVE TIME TO CUT TO LENGHT THE NEW ONE.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:31 AM
chevyfireball
MASTER BUILDER

The coil wire is going to take a crap before any of the plug wires. Change it.
Old 06-19-2009, 09:59 PM
StrokersGraphics
APPRENTICE

there are many things that could cause your car to fall on it's face and then clear up. i agree with what everyone has said but i must add, check on these items as well.

-fuel pressure?
-needle and seat clean?
-check your float level
-are you running power valves and if so has your car ever back fired thru the carb (must change power valves every time that happens)

It almost sounds like your carb is loading up on you when you leave the line.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:01 PM
bbchevy
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: LAUNCH STUTTER,PLEASE HELP!!

Originally Posted by JEFF69Z28
CAR STUTTERS ON LAUNCH AND THEN CLEARS UP,DRIVING UP PIT ROAD I CAN HEAR A MISS,I HAVE A 6AL BOX WITH A BLASTER COIL AND A MSD 8555 DISTRIBUTOR.I HAD THE BOX CHECKED LAST YEAR AT A SPEED SHOP WITH MSD'S CHECKER AND IT SAID IT WAS OK. MY CAR WAS DOING THE SAME THING WITH THE OLD MOTOR AND CARB.GOT NEW CARB FOR NEW MOTOR FROM PRO SYSTEMS 2 PASSES AND NOW IT STUTTERS ON LAUNCH.
IM LOST!!
MY H2O PUMP,FUEL PUMP,ELECTRIC FAN AND STARTER ARE ALL ON THE SAME REDTOP OPTIMA BATTERY.
I JUST went Through the Same PROBLEM???
It was the 6AL Box!
Changed the Box and the Miss,went with it........................?Go FIGURE?
Later
G
Old 11-24-2009, 04:26 PM
SpD85
SHOW GUEST

Ive had this problem before in 2 different dragsters....

In the 1st one it turned out to be a bad Two Step(dont ask me how)

The 2nd car i tried what i thought was everything and it ended just being that i need some bigger squirters
Old 11-24-2009, 04:39 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Also if you can get the MSD tester and test with everything hooked up on your car. Then one by one turn on anything electrical you have on the car and see if it misses that way. I chased a similar problem for almost a year. Found it to be my 12 volt fan inside the car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -