Is he trying to rip me off? And what should I do now?

Old 06-02-2009, 06:32 AM
longm1958
APPRENTICE

Default Is he trying to rip me off? And what should I do now?

I posted some parts for sale here and got responses from a couple of guys here wanting to buy some of the parts. I posted pics of the parts for sale with the ads. I got phone calls from several individuals and discussed the parts. I listed the parts as new because they were sold to me as new right here on Racingjunk when I purchased them and never used them. This was discussed with the potential buyers. I told them the parts were purchased from individuals as new to me and was discussed with the buyers BEFORE he decieded to buy them. They both agreed to buy the parts they wanted. I even took checks for the parts and went ahead and sent the parts out BEFORE the checks cleared. I get a phone call from one of them stating the parts weren't new and had visable damages. I told him to return the parts back to me and I would even pay the shipping for the return trip. He then stated he would gladly keep the parts as spares if I would return half the money he sent to me.
I am recently unemployed and certainly cannot afford to give the parts away but thats what it feels like I am being asked to do.
What do you guys think?
Old 06-02-2009, 06:47 AM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

More info, name etc :!: :!:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 06-02-2009, 10:26 AM
longm1958
APPRENTICE

Default Rip off or not? Now what?

I haven't posted his name because this all started a little over a week ago. He saw my ad, called me, we spoke about the parts he was interested in. I told him then the parts were sold to me as new and I was selling them the same way since I never used them at all. He agreed. I told him to send me a USPS money order. He stated he wanted to send me a check through his company. I agreed but would send parts "AFTER" the check cleared my bank.
I only spoke with him about the parts he recieved not being new yesterday. I am kinda waiting to see the parts he returns if he returns them at all. They seem OK to keep for spares to him but only for half the money.
Is there a way for the forum to see the pics I had posted in my ad? The ad has expired and I can see them but can you guys get to them to see?

I was just wondering if you guys might think its like the E-Bay post right here in the scammer forum. Sure rings with the same sounds to me.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:55 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

we can see them if you post the add number...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 06-02-2009, 11:16 AM
ashbros
RACING JUNKIE

Really need nore info on matter and would kinda like his rebuttal imput as well. Did you have any messages sent through RJ Message Board. If so post them as well.

Regardless of the situation, your return offer was more than fair. If he wishes to keep the parts I see no reason to refund his cash. JMO
Old 06-02-2009, 11:50 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I agree with ashbros, you offered him a refund for returning them. If the parts are "junk" why would he want them as spares? Unless he returns them I would not give him anything...

As close to "Normal" as I can get...
Old 06-02-2009, 12:02 PM
longm1958
APPRENTICE

Default Rip off or not?

We did no correspondences through racingjunk. He called.
You have all the info there is to have. Except his name and I see no reason to trash him publicly.
He paid, I shipped the parts. He says they are NOT new and made his offer when he received the parts.
I sold the parts as new as I bought them as new here on RJ.
Thats about all there is to it.
I was laid off and had to change the gameplan for the racecar. I told him to send them back and I would return his money.
I was just asking for opinions here as to what you guys think and what would you do.
Thanks for the responses
Old 06-02-2009, 03:51 PM
deward
JUNIOR BUILDER

Default Ripped Off

If he should send the parts back (which I doubt) make sure you don't refund any money until your certain you got back the same parts you sent.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:22 PM
wlpatterson
EXPERT BUILDER

Default Returning parts

I have a couple Items on this post-
(1)If he can see they are used parts why couldnt you?
(2)you did the honorable thing in offering him his money back-If hes wanting them for half price hes trying to scam you-Like another post explained it,if they are good enough for spares they are good enough to use & pay for-I wouldnt refund a cent until I recieved my parts & they are the same parts in the same condition that I shipped him--Just my opinion
Old 06-02-2009, 05:25 PM
dragonmaster093
RACING JUNKIE

i would have to agree you sent parts he accepted them he complained you offered more then an honerable resolution if he wants to keep then deal done if sends back and they what you sent then return money done deal sounds to me like a. hes gonna try and send his bad parts to run a scam aka bait and switch or b. the parts are what he wants and giving bs story to get some money back cause he spent more then he could safely and in a bind JMO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -