Tri Powers sold by marc6122004 in Las Vagas, pure junk

Old 05-20-2009, 09:08 PM
docsrubb
SHOW GUEST

Default Tri Powers sold by marc6122004 in Las Vagas, pure junk

By no means should you trust a guy calling himself marc6122004 on e bay, I don't know if he is selling on here as well or not. May be under a different name. He is from LAS VEGAS, NV. This is how the ad that I got burned by ran on there.
SBC EDELBROCK TRI POWER INTAKE CARBS 3X2 TRIPOWER CHEVY
THIS IS FOR A SMALL BLOCK CHEVY. THE INTAKE IS A BRAND NEW EDELBROCK C357. THE CARBS ARE THE ROCHESTER SMALL BASE 2 JET. THEY WERE TAKEN APART CLEANED COATED WITH EASTWOOD CARB COATING AND NEW KITS INSTALLED. THE FRONT AND REAR CARBS HAVE BEEN CONVERTED TO WORK AS DUMPERS ONLY, IDLE CIRCUTS AND POWER VALVES HAVE BEEN REMOVED.COMES WITH:
FILL TUBE & POLISHED ALUMINUM BREATHER
POLISHED ALUMINUM FUEL LOG
RED FUEL LINE
FUEL GAUGE
POLISHED ALUMINUM AIR CLEANERS
LINKAGE
CHROME WATER NECK
$950.00

As any of you know that have bought or looked at these it's A damn good price if it were true.
When I received them, all of the fuel barbs (plastic) were either broken or cracked, that was only the start. None and I repeat none of the carbs matched, all three where different types of Rochester 2G carbs. He had left off the stop on the progressive linkage, as well most the vacum barbs. I contacted him and he did send me one barb and the linkage stop, but it took several e mails and a threat to get these. This was in March, now fast foward to the first of May. I finally got everything I needed to put this on and set it up, all three carbs leaked bad, and I mean damn bad. I tore the carbs apart and found that it appeared he had only put gaskets in the carbs, not as he says "installed new kits" guess maybe he meant gasket kits, and at that it appeared he had used two kits to build three carbs, and on top of that none were the correct gaskets. Both dumper carbs leaked so bad that gas ran out the throttle shafts down onto the intake. All three carbs had a short "bolt" on the drivers side rear for some reason, the back one was stripped out. Only one of the fuel shut off needles were new, the others leaked and were old, one float was sunk and I actually had gas running off the back of my intake and down over my exhaust. The progressive linkage was cheap and stuck wide open, Marc if you ever read this be very glad that my wife and familty were not in the car when that happened.
He can usually be found on e bay hocking these trash units, don't trust this guy. If you buy from this looser remember this, The tri power systems he sells will put your life and the life of anybody who is in your car with you in danger. He has no idea what he's doing. A tri power not set up and built correctly is a dangerous dangerous thing to have, sticking throttles and fire are both a very very real danger. I have contacted him and asked what he was gonna do to correct the problem, and you guessed it, he still has not answered.
I have now had all three rebuilt the way they should have been the first time by Ron Kellogg in IL. He is a fantastic guy, exelcent carb guy, and knows his stuff when it comes to tri powers, his web site is chevytripower.com take a look and make sure you read what the man says if you have any intrest in tripowers, his buddy does Pony tri's. I bolted them on ran my fuel lines, hooked up the linkage, no ajustments, not tinkering with the settings, no nothing, just put the key in start it up and go for a drive, Ron has them all set up for you. Talk about turn key work, well it don't get any better. The looks and comments they get at the cruise in are great, and the preformance is out of this world (I have mine on a '67 L79). Now back to the AH (yeah you know what it means), if you have had an experience with marc6122004 also, let me know.
Thanks, Doc
P.S. Marc, the way I look at it, you owe me 750.00(the price of the rebuid), will that be paid in cash or ? Your choice.