RED TOP OPTIMA

Old 04-29-2009, 05:53 PM
radicalz
MASTER BUILDER

Default RED TOP OPTIMA

Just a little info....not that I'm bashing here....but just bought new Red Top Optima from Jegs online...installed in car...replacing my old Delco...after 7 years...hooked up turn key....nothing..... :cry: :cry: ....thought maybe connections..ground...starter connections...all ok....ck battery voltage below spec....9 volts????....new battery right....called Optima Tech line and a couple of other people....they all agreed sometimes Optima stores the batteries with no charge...and that will have to charge new battery...is on charger now....again NEW BATTERY... :roll: :roll: :roll:
Old 04-29-2009, 06:27 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

BOUGHT OPTIMA BATTERYS FOR PU TRUCKS AND BLAZER FOR SNOW PLOWING. NEVER TORE THEM DOWN , IN ONE YEAR ALL THREE FAILED. i WENT BACK TO REGULAR BATTERYS. THE BATTERYS WE REPLACED WERE FIVE YEARS OLD. WOULD NEVER BUY AGAIN. ALL SHOW , NO GO!!
Old 04-29-2009, 06:38 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Napa Orbital a lot better battery for the money

I have 3 optimas sitting here that are under warranty but cant get them replaced because I cant find the orginal purchase invoice. :evil: :twisted: :roll:
Old 04-29-2009, 06:42 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

I WAS LUCKY, I HAD BOUGHT THEM WITH A CREDIT CARD , THEY WERE ABLE TO TRACK DOWN THE PURCHASE OTHER WISE I WOULD HAVE BEEN S.O.L. TOO
Old 04-30-2009, 06:42 AM
kbartley
EXPERT BUILDER

Default RED TOP OPTIMA

I bought one as well and found out the hard way that youre supposed to give it a (2amp) charge for 24hrs. in order for it to last. I give mine a (10 amp) charge and basiclly cooked it. You would think they would tell you these things (damn it) because I didnt know. Kris
Old 05-01-2009, 08:01 AM
radicalz
MASTER BUILDER

....Thanks you guys see I got information from the Optima Tech line said put in on a charger...did not specify what amperage...so that was useless...between you guys and a couple of friends....got it right....se i have three chargers....the big hoss, can run 120 amp jump starts, but can do 1 amp charges also...Battery tender Junior I got from Jegs...and an old crappy, rusty schumacher....I used the battery tender jr...1 amp max and floats automatically on charger for 24 hours...Hit the key engine fired after thrid crank.....WAHOOOOOOO....back up and running...now got to clean up and go thru a couple of things then maybe hit the track... :wink: :wink: ...after last years fuel prices.....I need it... :wink: :wink:
Old 05-04-2009, 03:16 AM
kbartley
EXPERT BUILDER

Default RED TOP OPTIMA

Radical Z, did it hold a charge for ya? Kris
Old 05-13-2009, 06:07 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hammertime
Napa Orbital a lot better battery for the money
All of the Napa Orbital (dry) batteries I found were made by Optima.
Do you have a part #.
Thanks.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:19 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

http://www.napaonline.com/NOLPPSE/(S(olad23i0bzhkerfneaaqyi3d))/Detail.aspx?R=NBR993478_0196170296_1
Old 05-14-2009, 04:29 PM
TheRabbit
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by hammertime
http://www.napaonline.com/NOLPPSE/(S(olad23i0bzhkerfneaaqyi3d))/Detail.aspx?R=NBR993478_0196170296_1
This is the mssg I got when I used the link above.

Catalog access denied due to improper user credentials.
Copyright © 2005 - 2009
National Automotive Parts Association

Sad thing is I'm use to be denied. lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -