Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transbrake Button

Member MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Transbrake Button

Just wondering which is better for consistancy,rolling your thumb off the trans. brake button or pulling the whole arm back? I pull my arm straight back, but my lights are all over the place.I barely turn on the light,and if I get a .530 or so i take some out of the box then I go red. Thanks

Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER
    My arm flies off the button, but i think its more on the order of keeping the caffine level cosistant. 2 pots off coffee in the morning folowed up w/ 2-3 cans of monster and then drink Vault for the rest of the day. Gotta keep up the hyperness :P
    Believe it or not, it works for me.
    98 Camaro, RJ Car,540 Reher/Morrison, PG,
    8.12@167
    86 Buick GN, 10.50@129
    87 Buick GN, 11.30@116
    http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e3...y2010-1a-1.jpg

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    i pull my hand off, and get better times, my son was useing the thumb roll, until i asked him, if he put his thumb on a hot dime, which would burn the longest, rolling it of, or pulling it off....almost.!!

Using a practice tree that I can use while sitting in my car. My lights are more consistant coming straight off the button. I try to use a short throw button where I can use a soft touch. IMO sliding off the button or rolling off the button will allow the button to rub on the sides on not be as quick. I know quick shouldn't matter since you have a delay box to add or take away time. But I've found that the quicker the switch the more consistant the light. JMO

I am more consistent with a button that I can get a grip between my thumb and index finger. My only movement is those 2 fingers.

Anybody ever try having a button loose on a wire and just drop it?

Member MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Trans brake button

Thanks for all the info. I think I will buy a practice tree and hook it up inside my car, like someone posted, and practice like that. I think I will try some coffee and energy drinks also. First round jitters instead of just having to go to the bathroom, I might just wet my self. Thank for all the info.

Re: Trans brake button

Quote Originally Posted by markthespark
    Thanks for all the info. I think I will buy a practice tree and hook it up inside my car, like someone posted, and practice like that. I think I will try some coffee and energy drinks also. First round jitters instead of just having to go to the bathroom, I might just wet my self. Thank for all the info.
    Find someone with a practice tree and see if its you or the car, seen a buddy fight a issue all year so he thought, we got him on a practice tree and found the real reasons. His mistake was trying to barley push the button.

Also coffee and energy drinks, pop are all a BAD idea unless you are going to drink them from before ya get the track untill you leave.
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE THERATTLER's Avatar
    unlike most people , I have my button mounted on dash of my dragster , so far away that I can just reach it with my finger tip , if i flinch ANY I'm gone
    ***IN GOD WE TRUST***GOD BLESS AMERICA******

Practice tring not to put so much pressure on the button, just push it slowly just till to can hear the click and stop hold it there, watch how fast you react