burnout was suppose to be a response to another question, so

Old 04-11-2009, 08:21 AM
markthespark
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default burnout was suppose to be a response to another question, so

There is alot of good advice from the feedback that you got.In order to have consistant lights, you have to heat the tires up the same every time.I contacted the tire manufacture, a few differant times to get a couple of differant people working there, to make sure I got the same info. Then I adjusted my burnout by what they recomended for heat in the rear tires.I roll through the water, and stop just past the puddle. Set the line lock, put it in 2nd gear,I have a 5000 chip in the rev limiter, low side,floor it shift in to high gear as quick as I can, count to 3,let go of the line lock and roll forward untill tires start to grap and let off. Stop turn on my fan and check every thing with a glance and roll up and stage. Contact the tire manufacture of your tires and ask how hot the tires need to be,and then adjust your burn out from there.After I did that, I had more consistant lights, and started winning more rounds. I do like the idea of using the line lock to block off the rear brakes instead of locking the front tires,for safety reasons. I have seen some line locks stay on and that is not pretty.When you come up with your way of doing it, do it the same every time for consistancy.I have my line lock button on the steering wheel and I push it with my left thumb so I can shift to high with the right hand.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:23 AM
ch57evy
SHOW GUEST

Default SLICKS

WELL,I GUESS IT DEPENDS ON WHAT TYPE SLICKS YOUR RUNNING. MICKEY THOMPSON YOU DONT EVEN HAVE TO DO A BURNOUT MY DAD RAN 5.20S WITH HIS 57 CHEVY WITHOUT A BURNOUT JUST DRY HOPPED IT AND GOES TO THE LINE,AND HE RUN THE NUMBER ALOT OF DRIVER HAS WENT TO NO BURNOUTS WITH MIKEYS AND IT EVEN TELLS YOU LITTLE TO NO BURN OUT.I COULDNT BELIEVE IT UNTIL MY DAD STARTED DOIN IT NOW ALOT OF PEOPLE IS DOIN IT NOW.I CAN SAY YOU SAVE ALOT OF MONEY NOT HAVIN TO BUY TIRES EVERY YEAR TO EVERY YEAR .