vacum pump help

Old 04-11-2009, 06:07 AM
blownbbc
APPRENTICE

Default vacum pump help

on alky should i run vacum pump on one valve cover or both,,,trying to keep moisture down,,,thnaks
Old 04-11-2009, 08:03 AM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

One will work fine .
Most of the milking problem is from being to rich if you are having that problem also.
But it also will help with moisture and if you are running injection to help with the moisture you can open the butterfly to let some of the heat out.
haven't tried it with a carb.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:16 AM
blownbbc
APPRENTICE

thanks,,,running injector hat and not rich ,more on the lean side just a lot of moisture,,,
Old 04-11-2009, 10:42 AM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

I also run a hat with a vacuum pump some time i will fold up a towel and put it under the butterfly to let some heat out works good.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:12 AM
blownbbc
APPRENTICE

thanks,,,
Old 04-11-2009, 04:11 PM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: vacum pump help

Originally Posted by blownbbc
on alky should i run vacum pump on one valve cover or both,,,trying to keep moisture down,,,thnaks
I'm running injection on alcohol and a 4 vain vacuum pump. The breather on the separator tank was letting vapors pass thru the breather cap, making a mess around the cap. At first I thought I might have a problem with my engine or injection system. After checking everything, nothing wrong. I even thought about leaning my engine a little to help. I was told to put a dry wrist sweat band around the breather cap after each round. I ended up throwing the moroso separator away and ordering a Star Machine separator and haven't had any problems.

http://www.starvacuumpumps.com/catalog.php?cat=7
Old 04-11-2009, 06:11 PM
blownbbc
APPRENTICE

I AM RUNNING THE ELECTRIC ZO6 PUMP WITH MOROSO'S OIL SEPERATOR, MY FRIEND RUNS TOP SPORTSMAN AND HAS BEEN RUNNING HIS FOR 3 YEARS NOW WITH NO ISUUES BUT HE IS ON GAS AND DOES NOT HAVE THE MOISTURE PROBLEM THAT COMES WITH ALCOHOL, SO I AM GOING TO TRY BOTH COVERS INTO A TEE AND USE A VACUME GUAGE TO MAKE SURE ITS DRAWING ENOUPH AND SEE HOW IT DOES WITH THE MOISTURE PLUS USE THE OUTHER RECOMENDATIONS I GOT ON HERE,,,
Old 04-12-2009, 06:28 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

I like running Brad Penn oil also. It doesn't mix as easily with alcohol as other oils, gives your vacuum pump a lil more time to pull the extra fuel and water out of your engine. It also has a higher zinc count than the regular over the counter oil, since they had to take out zinc and phosphorus because they were clogging up catalytic converters on the new vehicles.