Thread: "purrin" motor

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER

"purrin" motor

ok i work at a quick lube for sewell ford and today a chevy malibu came in makin some funny noises and she said it just started today so we said we would check it out

there was a full grown tom cat sitting between the motor and airfilter housing not hurt just scared any thing similair happen to any one else?
    pray for our soldiers our freedom and rain

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE mopar1968's Avatar
    Well nothing like that did have a snake wrapped around rearend of a truck once a few years ago. :shock: :shock:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
    Head's up the true drag race!!

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Back in the early 80s, my ex's cat used too crawl up on the motor of my truck, one night my truck just died on the way to work. When i opened the hood, I found the poor thing all tangled up in the belts of my truck, VERY dead. I never did tell her what happened to that poor cat.
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    **IN GOD WE TRUST**

Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER
    Quote Originally Posted by suicidebomb
    Back in the early 80s, my ex's cat used too crawl up on the motor of my truck, one night my truck just died on the way to work. When i opened the hood, I found the poor thing all tangled up in the belts of my truck, VERY dead. I never did tell her what happened to that poor cat.
    Hey bomb, had this very same thing happen to my old crew cab once. Cat crawled up in the thing and got all mangled. Threw the serpentine belt off, due to this!!!

Remember it happening to my Dad when I was young. He was mad as H*%^ having to clean all the hair and guts up out of the engine compartment, LOL!

My step son once found a kitten clinging to the inside of the back bumper of a Jeep. It must've traveled with him for 15-20 miles. Same thing, as earlier, unhurt but scared.
    Robert Swartz
    Swartz & Lane 1966 Chevy II
    Swartz & Lane 1979 Firebird H/CM
    You don't learn much when everything goes right.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Robert, it must be a pretty common thing, cause about a year ago, our daughter, drug home a tiny kitten. he'd climbed up in the ,otor of a guy she worked with. He fit in the palm of my hand, and was as black as the ace of spades. He's almost grown now, I call him Inky-dink. We already have a cat named Lucky.
    No matter where you go, there you are.
    **IN GOD WE TRUST**

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    Quote Originally Posted by suicidebomb
    This happened to a afriend and my mom. 2 seperate incidents. My mom one was almost funny, except for the cat. She was leaving work late one night, car didn't want to start-it was cold outside, driving thru town she got pulled over by the cops. Cop told her that she lost her cat in to of the bridge. Wasn't hers'