As in the days when I rang his bell.

And he rang mine but we were younger then,

And now we are busy, tired men.

Tired of playing a foolish game,

Tired of trying to make a name.

"Tomorrow" I say! "I will call on Jim

Just to show that I'm thinking of him."

But tomorrow comes and tomorrow goes,

And distance between us grows and grows.

Around the corner, yet miles away,

"Here's a telegram sir," "Jim died today."

And that's what we get and deserve in the end.

Around the corner, a vanished friend.

Remember to always say what you mean. If you love someone, tell them. Because when you decide that it is the right time it might be too late. Seize the day. Never have regrets. And most importantly, stay close to your friends and family, for they have helped make you the person that you are today.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:59 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

Soo tru :!: Very nice :!:

''JUST MY TWO CENT'S WORTH''
Old 04-06-2009, 01:55 PM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Well stated. That is very nice.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:48 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

im losing a good friend right now. very hard for me to deal with.hes just a old biker from back in the day who has found god and loves life ,his family, his country and me and my son.we talk about the old days and wonder how in the hell we made it this far. he keeps telling me god kept me around so he could pratice preaching to me.hes dyin and i have to go see him today. im praying for the strengt to go see him.because i have no balls to see my friend die.its gonna be a lonely world when hes gone.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:08 AM
fla1976
RACING JUNKIE

Default Old friend

Ken, sorry to hear of your friend. But think of the comfort you are bringing him by being there for him. You've both got a lot of miles together, so he'll still be with you. As long as you remember him, he'll be there.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:05 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

thanks fla1976, i know your right but its so hard.i went to see him tue.he looks bad. but hes still here.its really making me face my own death which aint too far off.i have really started to think about how much i need people in my life now. glad i didnt run all of them off.lol i will be there foe him till the end.no matter how hard it is on me its got to be unbearable for his family
Old 04-12-2009, 06:33 PM
markthespark
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Glad to see you went to see your buddy. I do not know what you are going through but I feal you did the right thing. I,am sure you made his day, and gave him more strength to keep fighting.That is what friends arefor to be there for each other. I think he knows he has a great friend in you and the other way also.Prayers sent to him.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:48 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Man how true is that :?: I can remember back in the 60's living in a small suburb of Chgo. We knew all the neighbors, our kids played together, we cooked out together, etc. I can honestly tell you that i see the neighbors on my street almost every day and i do not even know their last names and i only have 7 neighbors within 200yds. and they probably don't know my last name. We have all become so involved with our own lives that we don't really associate any more. In fact i may be lucky if i see a family member in a 2 week period, it sucks and it making America a nation that only cares for thyself.

JMO

Zip.