Thread: Racing Helmet

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

Racing Helmet

Guys ill be racing street class, what is the requirment on a open face helmet??? I know wearing one is required but manual doesnt say which one is legal.. snell approved...brett

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE BEAST477's Avatar
    You should be able to find out in the NHRA or IHRA rule book. I have a used Bell open face if interested pm me. It's a Snell 2000.
    BEAST477

Only a rich man can afford to use cheap parts.

http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/177549

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    page 64 2009 nhra rulebook for all 10.00-13.99 closed body cars a open or full face helmet snell m2000,m2005,sa2000,sa2005, if your going faster rules are also right there, if slower then 13.99 can wear any helmet you want

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Quote Originally Posted by spib
    page 64 2009 nhra rulebook for all 10.00-13.99 closed body cars a open or full face helmet snell m2000,m2005,sa2000,sa2005, if your going faster rules are also right there, if slower then 13.99 can wear any helmet you want
    Exactly right. I sell HJC in the open face. It was just last year when the banned open face helmets in all cars running 9.99 and quicker. Wherever you get your helmet make sure it has the Snell sticker and not just the DOT.

Administrator RACING JUNKIE bjuice's Avatar
    Not to get far off the Subject...but i have to share this with you.

about 3 years ago at shadyside outlaw track..there was an old orginal gasser straight axle the pulled to the line (shifting gears)..looked over at the driver and he had on one of those HELICOPTER VIETNAM KEVLAR HELMENTS WITH THE ORGINAL TINTED GOGGLES. :shock:

Don't know how it would have saved his Noggin.. i guess if it can be worn in Huey Cobra's in Full combat..i guess it can be worn on the drag strip..wonder how NHRA would feel about that one :?:

i have to say it was Cool as Hell looking. :shock: 8)
    Bjuice..

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER
    used to be a guy here that had a old T Bucket. Ran around with a old WWII Leather helmet on and a white scarff. Looked pretty cool going down the road. As far as a helmet for you, Get a M2005(I would recommend a full face) There are alot of them out there,just be sure of the Snell M2005 Rating.
    Performance 2 way
    Racing Communications
    Performance Safety Products
    Authorized HANS Device Dealer
    (302)436-2428
    (302)841-9609
    M.W.D. For RACEQUIP & SAFEQUIP safety products
    www.performance2way.com