Against drag racing

Old 03-13-2009, 04:28 PM
shybx1969
MASTER BUILDER

Default Against drag racing

Im 46 yrs old ive always wanted to drag race, never had the money w/kids wives... but i bought a new gt stang last year, and i want to occasionally race at the drag strip... and all i hear is negative,negative from friends and coworkers!!!!!Too expensive,waste of $$$$$ too dangerous blah,blah,blah, economy too tight!!!!Whatever happened too having fun and enjoying life...Kinda gets too me afterwhile!!!! Am i a bad guy or what!!! sure if i had the $$$ ide build a 10 sec car but i cant afford it...thats another one i hear it aint worth it to go 13 sec and over... Is it wrong for me too have a little fun guys???? :cry: :cry:
Old 03-13-2009, 04:38 PM
BEAST477
RACING JUNKIE

Nothing wrong with having fun and besides you're doing it legally. Ask any of these nay sayers what they do for fun. I bet it's not free and as long as they aren't financing you i'd tell them where to get off.
Do what ya gotta do to have fun you only live once.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:40 PM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

Well the way i look at it is if it makes you happy and you can enjoy what you have worked for then you should do it there is nothing wrong with trying to enjoy life a little as long as the family is taken care of and it isn't hurting anyone then go for it.

And that is why they call it bracket racing they don't write the check out to the fastest guy at the track it is the one that is the most consistent and who cares if it runs 13 seconds or 18 seconds you can drive it to the track have some fun and drive home and have a good time doing it so i say go for it and be safe and have fun.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:52 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

whats with your friends & co workers , are they weenes. are they all wearing the pink shorts there wives & girl friends bought for them. be safe & have some fun. :P :P
Old 03-13-2009, 05:23 PM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Going to Test & Tune night is cheaper than a night at the bar. Racing a stock production vehicle can be cheap and fun. It's when you start changing things it gets expensive. Going faster means more safety equipment. Power adders will find the weak parts. Too radical and you'll need a truck and trailer. I raced stock engined cars for years before stepping up and I had a ton of fun.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:35 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Sounds like you're hanging with the wrong people....I hang with folks who WANT to see me be happy, have fun, be successful in business and life. They LIFT me up NOT drag me down.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:51 PM
signsbyesa
RACING JUNKIE

on the next business day, open and block the front door open,
bring your car to the door and burn the rubber off your car
and then ask them, how you like me now, whhaaaaaaaaaaaa :wink:
Old 03-13-2009, 05:56 PM
MEMRACING62
RACING JUNKIE

yea, if they dont like the smell of burning rubber, there not real men!!! :P :P
Old 03-13-2009, 07:34 PM
curtisreed
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Against drag racing

Originally Posted by shybx1969
Im 46 yrs old ive always wanted to drag race, never had the money w/kids wives... but i bought a new gt stang last year, and i want to occasionally race at the drag strip... and all i hear is negative,negative from friends and coworkers!!!!!Too expensive,waste of $$$$$ too dangerous blah,blah,blah, economy too tight!!!!Whatever happened too having fun and enjoying life...Kinda gets too me afterwhile!!!! Am i a bad guy or what!!! sure if i had the $$$ ide build a 10 sec car but i cant afford it...thats another one i hear it aint worth it to go 13 sec and over... Is it wrong for me too have a little fun guys???? :cry: :cry:
It is unfortunate that our sport is so misunderstood. It truly is none of your coworkers business how you spend your time or money. I believe if a man is taking care of his family and responsibilities then having a hobby is a good thing. Everyone needs a stress reliever, one as family oriented at this should be a good thing.

I would think that your friends would know what kind of a man you are and would support you in whatever you wanted to do. Maybe they need to be educated about our pastime.

Maybe all of those people should give up their cable, internet, cell phones, eating out, hobbies, etc... they all cost money that could be used for something really important or saved for a rainy day.

Well that is my rant for the night, I hope you get to the track and have as much fun as I do. If you do though you will be hooked for life so just accept it.

Curtis

P.S. I started gathering parts for my car in 1997. Finally got to race a car of my own starting last year, I'm 44. I've been going racing since I was 13 don't give up.
Old 03-13-2009, 07:48 PM
THERATTLER
RACING JUNKIE

If I cared what my friends thought( wait , don't have any)or what my co workers thought (wup , don't work anywhere) oh , well , I guess I don't have a dog in this race :shock:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -