Thread: 1967 firebird electrical problem

Junior Member SHOW GUEST

1967 firebird electrical problem

i bought this car and it didnt have the front parking lights on it so i purchased new ones and installed into origanial harness when i turn the lights on my turn signal lights glow on the dash and my gas gauge goes past E. but when you disconnect the front lights everything works like it should. would love some help! also when i turn on the wipers it keeps blowing the fuse i repalced the motor with no luck i have a wiper switch coming acould it b something else! thanks alot!

Member MASTER JOURNEYMAN
    CK grounds upfront,look for a/m accesories or tampering in wiper ckt,replace switch,make sure all other lights are ok,good luck

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    I agree, bad ground somewhere upfront, somtimes its better to just snip the ground wire and redo than to chase wires all over hell and back.
    The wiper problem sounds like a short. Replace the switch first, if that doesnt do it then start tracing wires. Goodluck, Cp
    ***IN GOD WE TRUST***