Valve Springs

Old 03-03-2009, 04:41 PM
showbusiness
CRAFTSMAN

Default Valve Springs

Whats the opinions on valve spring brands ,comp.,tool room,crane etc. for a 700 plus lift solid roller ,850 opening pressure at1.25 in. THANKS
Old 03-03-2009, 06:21 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Erson is a good spring, less money the manley and same springs.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:19 PM
b1valiant
APPRENTICE

PAC makes the best, second IMO is Manley Nexteks.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:22 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

I should add to my last post, I just went through buying springs for my bb. Machine/Motor shop I got them through said that almost all springs are made at the same spot everyone just slaps a different name on them. Anyone know if there is any truth to this ?
Old 03-04-2009, 02:32 AM
us7race
EXPERT BUILDER

I have had good luck with Kmotion. I would also say that Pac is the best.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:30 AM
b1valiant
APPRENTICE

PAC(Petersen American Corporation) is one of the largest spring manufacturers in the world, if not the biggest. They are OE manufacturers for most any company you can think of that use springs, from Catepillar to GM and Ford. They manufacture everything from ball point pen springs to springs used in trucking and shipping industry. Their racing arm is PAC, they do make springs for many aftermarket companies IMO they are the best spring out there. They also make custom springs for many of the top professional teams in racing. From NHRA to Nascar, F1, Rally and Sprint cars. One thing they are not is inexpensive. But then again what top shelf parts in racing are?
Old 03-04-2009, 10:17 AM
TopspeedLowet
DYNO OPERATOR

I agree strongly with B1valiant, I have been using them on everything since I found them. Install them and you forget about them. I used to replace a few springs during the season using Manleys nex tec and every other so called high end spring. These are the springs that last forever, NO SHT.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:36 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Disheartening......

Peterson American Opens New Plant

Jan 28, 2009 Queretaro, Mexico - Progress on our newest manufacturing facility continues in Queretaro Mexico, and we are pleased to share some of the news and photos that capture where we are in our transfer process. As we communicated previously, after 51 great years, we have outgrown our Mexico City site and are in the process of re-locating to a Greenfield site in Queretaro. The plant build is now complete and we are in the process of relocating machinery and other supporting equipment to its new home. We will be fully operational by March 1st. Our capabilities, once the transfer is complete, will expand to include torsion springs, compression springs, extension springs, valve springs, wire forms and assemblies of all kinds.Please click the link below to see more detail.
[/url]
Old 03-04-2009, 09:44 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

That drunk postal worker from Cheers and his show >(made in America)< did a skit on one of them AMERICAN spring manufacturing companies, I can't remember the name of the company, it might have been PAC but man that was some neat $hit seeing how they made all those different types of springs.
Cp
Old 03-04-2009, 09:47 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by DrivingMissDD
Disheartening......

Peterson American Opens New Plant

Jan 28, 2009 Queretaro, Mexico - Progress on our newest manufacturing facility continues in Queretaro Mexico, and we are pleased to share some of the news and photos that capture where we are in our transfer process. As we communicated previously, after 51 great years, we have outgrown our Mexico City site and are in the process of re-locating to a Greenfield site in Queretaro. The plant build is now complete and we are in the process of relocating machinery and other supporting equipment to its new home. We will be fully operational by March 1st. Our capabilities, once the transfer is complete, will expand to include torsion springs, compression springs, extension springs, valve springs, wire forms and assemblies of all kinds.Please click the link below to see more detail.
[/url]
Maybe they need to rename it to - Peterson MEXICAN corp?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -