User LG3 scammer

Old 02-25-2009, 09:51 PM
SVRE
JOURNEYMAN

Default User LG3 scammer

Emailed me the following bullshit. Just thought id let you guys know for whoever can delete people (if thats possible).

Hello seller,
I;m interested in the your item listed on .. ..Please email me at your earliest convenience. with the last asking price ,present condition,are u the owner of it and if is still available for sale.And payment will be made by a cashier check ...So or money order get back to me information to issue out the payment . . .
1.Name to be on the check
2.Home address
3.Telephone
4.Your state,city and zip code
** Pls not that the payment for the item will be overnight to your address asap. I have taken a close look at the advert and am completely satisfied i really need this and will appreciates that you help save this for me till the payment arrives as it will save me some
extra cost*
Thank You ..HERE IS MY DIRECT MAIL [email protected]
Old 02-26-2009, 01:51 AM
outlaw256
RACING JUNKIE

i have gotten the same b.s. at least 4 times in 2 months.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:52 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

I could be wrong here... but it sounds as if this is another over-seas BS deal... probably an Asian person.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:31 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Most certainly an offshore scammer...A name and a STRING of numbers in ANY email addy is a scammer addy.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:40 PM
SVRE
JOURNEYMAN

just got a message that said his account was deleted. They took care of that BS real quick! Good Job RJ
Old 02-26-2009, 10:16 PM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

You gotta watch these folks, they very clever and they are everywhere - Believe it or not what they want is your personal info not your car and if their lucky enough and your dumb enough, some money to boot from that bogus check they send you.
Don't even reply they can get your personal info through your IP address just click delete don't give them what they want.
Cp
Old 02-27-2009, 09:05 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

CP- are they just tring to get indentity theft? What is the nature of thier motives? They are getting so creative, I don't know what they are trying to scam anymore...
Old 02-28-2009, 12:01 AM
cepx111
RACING JUNKIE

Yes its your indentity and money they want, the B/S about wanting to buy the car is just an excuse to get your personal info and hopefully your money to boot.
Beware of these scammers, never sacumb to the temptation to reply back and mess with them, just click delete and report their email addy as spam.
Cp