Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Weiand or Dart intake???

  1. #1
    Junior Member APPRENTICE
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    20

    Weiand or Dart intake???

    Hello, Have a 489in Chevy that I run in a 82 Olds Cutlass. Am going to a Dominator carb from an 850 Demon. Have both Weiand Team G and a Dart Dominator intakes to replace the current team G with a std 4150 Holley flange. All oval port. Question is which would be the preferred choice to put on the car? Anybody made back-back comparisons? Thanks :? :? :?

  2. #2
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Coldwater, MI
    Posts
    2,998
    I dislike the dart but dislike the team g even more. I did a swap on my 468 from team g to 454R edelbrock and seen huge gains.
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

    Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

  3. #3
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,044
    Ok, so you seen gains going from a Team G to a Vic, that's no surprise. But what about going from a Dart to a Vic? What is it that you dislike about the dart and why? Just curious, enlighten us~
    Cp
    ***IN GOD WE TRUST***

  4. #4
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Coldwater, MI
    Posts
    2,998
    Depends on what dart, everything I've tested on the track and shown faster with victor out of box to a dart but if you port a dart they really wake up.
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

    Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

  5. #5
    Member JUNIOR BUILDER
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Childers Australia
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by hammertime
    I dislike the dart but dislike the team g even more. I did a swap on my 468 from team g to 454R edelbrock and seen huge gains.
    David,what would you estimate the HP gains that you got from this swap alone?

  6. #6
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Coldwater, MI
    Posts
    2,998
    Quote Originally Posted by desoto30
    Quote Originally Posted by hammertime
    I dislike the dart but dislike the team g even more. I did a swap on my 468 from team g to 454R edelbrock and seen huge gains.
    David,what would you estimate the HP gains that you got from this swap alone?
    If i type it into a online calculator its huge, we are talking just over 2 tenths on a already fairly fast car high 8.20's to low 8.0's. Would venture to say around 50 for sure.
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

    Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

  7. #7
    Member JUNIOR BUILDER
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Childers Australia
    Posts
    99
    WOW,That is huge I'm surprised,I suppose that it shocked you also.

  8. #8
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,044
    I got a deal on a Dart 41114000GM single plane intake (ebay) new in the box.
    They retail for about $400 I won it for $200 something so Ihad to jump on it.
    I've ran it since last year with very good results which was the reason I was asking.
    Its really tall with divided runners and by comparison looks equal in height and style to a victor R.
    I have it off the motor right now - I semi port matched it to the much bigger merlin intake ports, I didn't get carried away - just basically blended them open alittle, you think doing that will help any?

    Thx, Cp
    ***IN GOD WE TRUST***

  9. #9
    Administrator RACING JUNKIE bjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Greenville s.c.
    Posts
    3,239
    i am likeing ole rover standing there wondering what the heck that engine is..lol
    Bjuice..

    "I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

  10. #10
    Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    out of my mind in Kalamazoo, MI
    Posts
    179

    Re: Weiand or Dart intake???

    Quote Originally Posted by 348409
    Hello, Have a 489in Chevy that I run in a 82 Olds Cutlass. Am going to a Dominator carb from an 850 Demon. Have both Weiand Team G and a Dart Dominator intakes to replace the current team G with a std 4150 Holley flange. All oval port. Question is which would be the preferred choice to put on the car? Anybody made back-back comparisons? Thanks :? :? :?
    I like the Team-G maybe it is just me tho.....had both on the car same basic engine seems to be a little more top end with the Weiand :wink: :wink:

  11. Racing Junk


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Email us - Support@RacingJunk.com
Call us - 866.326.9227
Copyright © 2005-2016 RacingJunk.com All Rights Reserved.

Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the RacingJunk.com
Terms of Use, Classifieds Disclaimer, Privacy Policy, and Cookie Policy