Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weiand or Dart intake???

Junior Member APPRENTICE

Weiand or Dart intake???

Hello, Have a 489in Chevy that I run in a 82 Olds Cutlass. Am going to a Dominator carb from an 850 Demon. Have both Weiand Team G and a Dart Dominator intakes to replace the current team G with a std 4150 Holley flange. All oval port. Question is which would be the preferred choice to put on the car? Anybody made back-back comparisons? Thanks :? :? :?

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    I dislike the dart but dislike the team g even more. I did a swap on my 468 from team g to 454R edelbrock and seen huge gains.
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

Ok, so you seen gains going from a Team G to a Vic, that's no surprise. But what about going from a Dart to a Vic? What is it that you dislike about the dart and why? Just curious, enlighten us~
    Cp
    ***IN GOD WE TRUST***

Depends on what dart, everything I've tested on the track and shown faster with victor out of box to a dart but if you port a dart they really wake up.
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

Member JUNIOR BUILDER
    Quote Originally Posted by hammertime
    I dislike the dart but dislike the team g even more. I did a swap on my 468 from team g to 454R edelbrock and seen huge gains.
    David,what would you estimate the HP gains that you got from this swap alone?

Quote Originally Posted by desoto30
    Quote Originally Posted by hammertime
    David,what would you estimate the HP gains that you got from this swap alone?
    If i type it into a online calculator its huge, we are talking just over 2 tenths on a already fairly fast car high 8.20's to low 8.0's. Would venture to say around 50 for sure.
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

Member JUNIOR BUILDER
    WOW,That is huge I'm surprised,I suppose that it shocked you also.

I got a deal on a Dart 41114000GM single plane intake (ebay) new in the box.
    They retail for about $400 I won it for $200 something so Ihad to jump on it.
    I've ran it since last year with very good results which was the reason I was asking.
    Its really tall with divided runners and by comparison looks equal in height and style to a victor R.
    I have it off the motor right now - I semi port matched it to the much bigger merlin intake ports, I didn't get carried away - just basically blended them open alittle, you think doing that will help any?

Thx, Cp
    ***IN GOD WE TRUST***

Administrator RACING JUNKIE bjuice's Avatar
    i am likeing ole rover standing there wondering what the heck that engine is..lol
    Bjuice..

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

Re: Weiand or Dart intake???

Quote Originally Posted by 348409
    Hello, Have a 489in Chevy that I run in a 82 Olds Cutlass. Am going to a Dominator carb from an 850 Demon. Have both Weiand Team G and a Dart Dominator intakes to replace the current team G with a std 4150 Holley flange. All oval port. Question is which would be the preferred choice to put on the car? Anybody made back-back comparisons? Thanks :? :? :?
    I like the Team-G maybe it is just me tho.....had both on the car same basic engine seems to be a little more top end with the Weiand :wink: :wink:

11. Racing Junk