newb help.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:38 PM
kartdriver
SHOW GUEST

Default newb help.

Well I dont know if this is in the wrong thread or not. Newb so im kinda lost, anyway. Im 16 and just got you of Quarter midget racing, so we are about to sell my car. The money from the sale will go towards my first car. But im only gunna get about $4800 out of it. So i was wondering if anyone had any ideas were to start on such a low budget. My preferences would include: American, preferably Chevy. some muscle to it and pre 90's.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:06 PM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

Depends on the use of the car. Are you going to just cruise around? If it's something you're going to have to drive far like back and forth to school or college in the future, Gas mileage is a big factor. You don't want something slammed on the ground if you live where you get a lot of snow. You don't want low profile tires if the roads in your area are bad. You can bend or break a wheel on potholes.

The biggest factor you have to consider at your age is INSURANCE. You might have a car you love but the rates could be outrageous.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:52 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Kart- Slowmo is right... insurance could kill you. I saw a virgin 350/auto 1972 Camaro for sale here in cortex silver on 2/11 for 3800.00... great platform for a pro-street, drag, or touring. Condition was drivable... start w/ a SBC, w/ a decent body & work from there. People are starting to come down on some prices too... Good Luck & welcome. Scooter