Thread: curious 79-81 firebird /trans am question

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

curious 79-81 firebird /trans am question

anyone building one ,and need a prostock hood?, im needin a 70-76,and thinkin of letin my 79-81 go,its a glasstech

Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER
    you will probably need to get yourself a flat hood and then buy the scoop that best suits your likeing, and have it installed. I dont know of anyone that sells one complete.

New build, we`ll see what we get. lol

Firebird Hood

If I'm not mistaken, 76 and below hoods don't line up the same with the nose as 77-81. Are you thinking to put the 70-76 hood on a 77 or newer car?

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

Re: Firebird Hood

Quote Originally Posted by jsweener
    If I'm not mistaken, 76 and below hoods don't line up the same with the nose as 77-81. Are you thinking to put the 70-76 hood on a 77 or newer car?
    If memory serves me correctly, that won't work. 77-81 is slightly different body line along the front clip.

Your glass tek hood is a good hood. I have used glas tek in the past. I would call them and see what they can doo to help you, but superstreeter might be right, you may want to get a flat hood and them install the scoop for a better look.....
    "Can't Means You Don't Want To"

Haven't You Stomped A Ford,,,,,,,,,,,, Lately?

5. Racing Junk