Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just want to give Jason7831 some encouragement

Junior Member APPRENTICE

Just want to give Jason7831 some encouragement

I bought an intake from jason7831 http://www.racingjunk.com/category/9...c-intakes.html

as you can see by the ad he did not specify that this intake is a victor 2-R. I bought this intake needing a standard victor with rect ports, which he also says, "rectangular ports". I have contacted him and he says he wants to "sleep on it." He also states I should have been able to read on the intake what kind it was, can anyone else read the writing on the intake??

I left the choice entirely up to him how to make this right, we'll see what he chooses.

Make the right choice Jason

? i looked in jegs that intake looks the same as a torker? allthough i don't mess with big blocks.

Junior Member APPRENTICE
    Quote Originally Posted by onebad48tk
    ? i looked in jegs that intake looks the same as a torker? allthough i don't mess with big blocks.
    it's a BBC Victor 2-R

oh, ok like i said i dont fool with big blocks.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE lively's Avatar
    wetrats
    THE MAIN PROBLEM I SEE FIRST IS YOU DID NOT ASK WHAT THE ''''EXACT'''' MODEL OF INTAKE IT WAS[AT LEAST YOU HAVEN'T SAID YOU DID] SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HE REALLY DID NOT MISREPRESENT THE PRODUCT SINCE YOU DID NOT ASK AND HE DID NOT SAY[ SOUNDS LIKE THE GOVERNMENT PROBLEMS ops: :roll: ]-ANYWAY --- :wink: :wink: IF HE IS AN HONEST SELLER HE WOULD LET YOU PAY THE SHIPPING BACK AND HE WOULD REFUND YOUR MONEY FOR THE INITIAL DEAL[BUT THEN HE MIGHT HAVE TOLD YOU SOLD AS IS AND THEN YOU ARE JUST STUCK WITH THE WRONG INTAKE :cry: :cry: :cry:
    I WOULD JUST TELL HIM TO COME UP WITH A SIMPLE SOLUTION THAT YOU BOTH CAN LIVE WITH-THIS MIGHT NOT SEEM FAIR BUT A THINK ENOUGH ???? WERE NOT ASKED AND ANSWERED

LIVELY

PS--PLEASE HAVE THE DECENCY TO COME BACK ON HERE IF AND WHEN YOU GET THIS SETTLED AND REPORT THAT ALSO :lol: :lol: :lol:

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

Intake

I can read Edelbrock and Victor 2-R 4500. I am not sure what you need Rectangular or Oval but I have three Holley Strip Dominator 300-5 Sq Port 4150 flange intakes and one Holley Strip Dominator 300-4 Oval port 4150 flange intake and could use a Dominator flange intake. If you are interested I will trade one strip dominator and add $60 if it will help both parties.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE fla1976's Avatar

Manifold

Sounds like a great solution. I'd like to say that blownalky3 is a standup guy even if you guys don't go for the deal.

Junior Member APPRENTICE
    I offered no suggestions for resolution in order to try to come to a fair conclusion. We'll see what he says. I paid $30 for shipping from Ca to NC so paying shipping back and receiving a refund of $180 what I paid and shipping is fair in my eyes.

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    wetrats, if you are going to pay the $30 to ship it back you could just sell it for $120 and it would be the same. You would be losing out if you pay shipping twice. That intake should sell pretty easy.

Junior Member APPRENTICE
    Quote Originally Posted by michael1
    wetrats, if you are going to pay the $30 to ship it back you could just sell it for $120 and it would be the same. You would be losing out if you pay shipping twice. That intake should sell pretty easy.
    If I paid $180, pay to ship it back, $30, get my $180 back I'm out $30. I guess if I sell it for $150 shipped it would be the same. Thanks for the insight