Thread: electric radiator fan

electric radiator fan

which is the best was to mount the electric fan front or rear of the radiator pushing or pulling, on a door car. :?

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    pulling thru. you get more area of the radiator exposed to air coming thru the shroud. mine was a pusher and didn't cool as good as when i switched to the other side of the rad.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    X2, PULLING IS THE BEST WAY.
    ***IN GOD WE TRUST***

i have a couple of guys i know telling me pushing it is better.

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    X3 Pulling

All you have to do is look at the automobile manufacturers who have electric fans comming out of the factory. all of them to my knowledge has the fans on the inside sucking with shrouds. I have a 19yr old corvette and it's that way. i'm sure that their engineers tested this both ways and used a proven method.

JMO

Zip.

when you push air threw the radiator this is what happens... At slow speeds the cfm of the fan is pushing threw the radiator, as you increase speed the fan act like a solid 14" circle which is resistance that builds infront of the radiator, now air is going around the fan, not threw it. so now this terbulance is making most of the air deflect and go around the whole radiator inlet.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheRabbit's Avatar
    Trust me pulling works better. I don't have enough space so I have to mount mine in front and it doesn't work as good. Also use a good shroud that covers as much of the radiator as possible.