Beware of Chad Schlatter AKA fasfzr1, Fort Wayne, Indiana

Old 01-19-2009, 08:05 AM
oldgreymare
SHOW GUEST

Default Beware of Chad Schlatter AKA fasfzr1, Fort Wayne, Indiana

Chad Sclatter AKA fasfzr1 posted an ad for a NX Nitrous kit with accessories on RJ back in November . Called and spoke to him regarding the kit, shipping, price etc.. He said he would determine shipping costs and call me back. Called same day with costs, when I said I was suprised he got back to me so soon he said "I am a man of my word". Paid him for kit via paypal, said he would ship and provide a tracking number asap. 4 days later, no email or phone call just a post on RJ sing he would not pay PayPal fees. E-mail him back indicating fees are responsibility of seller. Manage to discourse with him on RJ forums.... he states he is "REALLY PISSED" I sent him an email of the conditions I would require to pay the $35 paypal fees....he threw a fit. Waited for him to cool off, sent the $35 via paypal and he wouldn't accept it. Fast forward 2 months.... no nitrous kit, will not answer e-mails, phone calls. Paypal investigation determines he is at fault but cannot recover fees. If anyone knows this individual I would appreciate some help. Please no flaming, this post is factual, I have a copy of all our RJ forum communication if anyone is interested.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:09 AM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Am i reading this right, he took the money from paypal, for the nitrous unit? He must have had a paypal account in order to take the money and should have known that paypal charges 3% to the seller.
Do you by chance have the ad # and is the unit still posted?

JMO

Zip.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:30 PM
oldgreymare
SHOW GUEST

Default copy of first ad

This is a copy of the first ad posted on RJ, he modified the ad later to price at $700. I have a copy of the original ad on another computer.

Ad #1376121 Posted:2008-11-20 16:06:36
This ad expires in 23 days.
**LOOK** Complete NX nitrous system w/extra's
wet kit, bottle heater, remote opener, purge
$540.00
This NX nitrous system (WET KIT) NEX-20922-10 was bought last spring and it also comes with NX bottle heater, NX purge set up, NX remote bottle opener and gauge also NOS brand polished bottle brackets. This was 1600.00 worth of nitrous set up new so here your chance to have a set up for 1/3 the cost. Kit is for up to 250hp MAX and the bottle will hold 10lbs!!! Comes with everything in pictures the bottle still has nitrous in it but sorry i do have to empty the bottle before shipping it. I ONLY TAKE PAYMENT VA PAYPAL! MUST CALL FOR INFO 260-446-7686 anytime
Seller Phone Number: 260-446-7686

This item is USED

Trades ACCEPTED:

Payment options:

CASH

Item Location: FORT WAYNE, IN Get Directions To This City

Instructions for buyer: I WILL PAY SHIPPING COST
Old 01-19-2009, 03:10 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

File a dispute with paypal, tell them he still has the parts they will take the money from his credit card or checking account done deal.

Paypal is for sure for the buyers of stuff, for good like this deal and for bad sometimes.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:29 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Geez, it says he will only take paypal or cash, i would assume cash would have to be in person and nowhere in the ad does it say buyer to pay paypal fees. If as you said paypal was unable to take back the money, i say it's time to call the Fort Wayne police and get them involved, there's also internet fraud involved.

JMO

Zip.
Old 01-19-2009, 03:38 PM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Sounds like the seller doesn't know much about paypal. If you have monies in your account it doesn't charge the seller, but if the buyer uses paypal and has to use their credit card I think it charges the seller 3%. I sent a message to the seller to see if he would say it was still for sale or if it was sold.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:23 PM
lano
JUNIOR BUILDER

[quote="dparker"]Sounds like the seller doesn't know much about paypal. If you have monies in your account it doesn't charge the seller, but if the buyer uses paypal and has to use their credit card I think it charges the seller 3%. I sent a message to the seller to see if he would say it was still for sale or if it was sold.[/quote
===============================================

dparker, please elaborate on how you say paypal works, cause they charge me a fee everytime I sell something, and I (allways have money) in my account, but you say they shouldn't be chargeing me a fee as a seller then ?
Old 01-19-2009, 11:55 PM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

[quote="lano"]
Originally Posted by dparker
Sounds like the seller doesn't know much about paypal. If you have monies in your account it doesn't charge the seller, but if the buyer uses paypal and has to use their credit card I think it charges the seller 3%. I sent a message to the seller to see if he would say it was still for sale or if it was sold.[/quote

dparker, please elaborate on how you say paypal works, cause they charge me a fee everytime I sell something, and I (allways have money) in my account, but you say they shouldn't be chargeing me a fee as a seller then ?
Not sure about the above statment I always have 200 to 2,000 in my paypal and if someone is putting money into your account you will get charged a fee.
Old 01-20-2009, 01:09 AM
Tod74
RACING JUNKIE

[quote="hammertime"]
Originally Posted by lano
Originally Posted by dparker
Sounds like the seller doesn't know much about paypal. If you have monies in your account it doesn't charge the seller, but if the buyer uses paypal and has to use their credit card I think it charges the seller 3%. I sent a message to the seller to see if he would say it was still for sale or if it was sold.[/quote

Not sure about the above statment I always have 200 to 2,000 in my paypal and if someone is putting money into your account you will get charged a fee.
YUP.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:34 AM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

PAYPAL STRIKES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -