Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's it worth? 1972 Chevelle Malibu SS

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE fla1976's Avatar

What's it worth? 1972 Chevelle Malibu SS

I am thinking of getting rid of my 1972 Chevelle Malibu SS. I don't have the time or desire to work on it and I need the room in the garage. It is a true SS with a Vortec 454 sitting in it. Doesn't run, needs wiring and exhaust finished. Has a TH350 and a 12 Bolt. Interior is fair and body should have the rear quarters replaced. Rest of body is pretty good. I want to work on my other stuff and don't really feel motivated to finish the 72. What would be a fair asking price in this lousy economy? Any info would be appreciated.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    I'd go to ebay and do a search on the car to get an idea. In my opinion if the floors are good and it's an SS 454, or for that matter none #'s matching, i know it came with a turbo 400. I would think around $10,000.00
    We will be finishing a 72 nova in the summer, none #'s matching, with everything new or rebuilt, think i'll start the bid on ebay around $22,000.00. Last summer i sold a 55 Belair all new none #'s matching for $37,000.00 on ebay and made a couple mad because i had a buy it now price at $38,000.00, but sold it locally. It's now on TV in a couple commericals for a local advertising company

JMO

Zip.

1973 Chevelle

It was originally a 350 small block.

Junior Member APPRENTICE
    I would think around 6500 as is. JMO

fla1976-

Too bad... I love a 72 Chevelle!! That was one of my first cars... i am thinking around 9-10K... but in this economy, not real sure. If I had some extra funds, I would like to taker off of your hands. Like many right now, all I could offer you is some trades & maybe some cash. That is a pretty easy car to get rid of though. Rigsby
    "I would walk through hell on Sunday before I fear the enemy"

Do you have any pics?

Chevelle

[/img]

It has no blower now and the hood is a stock SS cowl hood. Still have the blower cutout hood.

Still looks pretty together... even has the wheel well mouldings in tact. It would like nice with a 871 sticking out of the hood... that is a fine project. Rigsby
    "I would walk through hell on Sunday before I fear the enemy"

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER
    I would say it is worth $500 and I just happen to have the money on me. When do you want me to come get it. lol

Worth

Would that be in cash or vegetables? :lol:

11. Racing Junk