Got blocked for making initiial cash offer ?????

Old 01-12-2009, 01:49 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Default Got blocked for making initiial cash offer ?????

i saw a 142 sbc low profile blower on the classifieds for $1600....I DO NOT need a blower and do not have a small block period...but because i could possibly build one sometime in the distant future i figured i would make an offer of what the blower would be worth to me just to sit on the shelf for now..

so i made an offer of $900 plus shipping and explained i didn't need it (blower) but would shoot an offer to him but understood if he was not interested.

1st- i knew the offer was low and somewhat apologized for that in my 1st message offer..I trully expected a counter offer from him or at least $1600 is my firm price anything but a blocker on my reply pm's.

2nd- i started not to even send the offer but i figured what the heck he might except or maybe a counter offer could be agreed upon somewhere in the middle. It was just an offer thats it..Right.?..isn't that the way it works of have i been doing this wrong for over 40 yrs ?

3rd- Since Money is tight right now i figured the seller would be glad to get a real Bon-fide cash offer from someone with at least a chance to make a counter offer..right ?.. isn't that how it normally works ?

so what does the seller do..he sends me back a pm telling me "i made the offer politely but still insulted him "?...and to make it worse i tried to pm him back to see what he would take for the blower and he blocked me from sending him messages.......WTF ?...LOL

LMAO !...i was only trying to buy the blower from him...I guess he should have checked my profile...lol..

anyhow i guess thats his right...if ya reading this ed..sorry i pissed ya off so bad for trying to give you some cash...that trully wasn't my intention and i hope you do not pay advertsied dollar on stuff your interested in without inquiring if the seller would take less

also i had my mind made up i would have Come up to $1500..if ya wanted to kick it around a little...thats how it works most of time..
oh well...i wish him (ed) luck and i am sure he is a good guy..he has many honor payments....with that said

i can buy a 142 blower anytime i want they are not that rare...lol ...i just need a good used one anyhow..

I guess getting blocked was the hit in the a$$ for me...lol..but its a 1st time for everything.

Brian.

Give me your thoughts guys ?...what would you have done...

here's the ad thread in case anyoee would like to check it out..

Brian
http://www.racingjunk.com/post/14271...2-for-SBC.html

also here is my pm and his reply..i tried to send him back a pm to see what the bottom dollar was and he blocked me....lol

Subject: Re: bLOWER
Re: Ad #1427192 - NEW SuperCharger Weiand 142 for SBC

You put it politely, but still a little insulting.

On [2009-01-11 20:03:43] bjuice wrote:
> I really have no need at this point for the blower but i would give you $900 plus shipping for it if your interested. if not i understand.
>
> call me if you are interested 864-607-####
>
> Brian

2nd pm in efforts to see what he would take..and this is what i got.

Subject: eds66nova did not recieve your message.
eds66nova has blocked your messages and did not recieve your message
Old 01-12-2009, 02:00 PM
lively
RACING JUNKIE

GEEEEEEEEEE--HE SAID ON HIS PROFILE THAT HE DEALS AND WELCOMES DEALS ops: ops: ops:
I GUESS HE DON'T AFTER ALL :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: GEE ED -I AM SORRY CASH AND DEALING BACK AND FORTH DON'T WORK-BUT-YOU SCREWED UP THIS TIME :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

BRIAN-HIS LOSE NOT YOURS-WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!CASH DON'T WORK NO MO!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
LIVELY
Old 01-12-2009, 02:08 PM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

Wow did you see how many honor payments he has made 43!!!!!!!

Dang Bjuice I was 100% on your side until I saw that, Eds66Nova is the Sh*t.

No really I think a cash offer should be politely denied or returned with a counteroffer. But this guy is doing something right, looks like he's honest and a good seller. Bucking him would be like fighting with the Pope. I don't agree with him blocking your PMs but its his choice.

Hey lets get him on here and tell us how he sells so well. Now thats someone I would have liked to win the RJ trailer. I'll PM him and tell him your a good guy and maybe we can get him on the Forum. TC & GB :lol: :lol:
Old 01-12-2009, 02:15 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

lol...ya dparker i seen the same thing as you did when i saw his Honor payments...thats one of the reasons why i chose to try and deal with this guy...Honor payments and time on the board...maybe he clicked the wrong Button....lol..

also the Blocking is my only Gripe or should i say Question.

Hell i give up...lol...i am not pissed..it's comical to me actually.

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "
Old 01-12-2009, 02:48 PM
slowmotion
RACING JUNKIE

A drunk was sitting in a bar next to a very attractive woman. He asks her "Would you have sex with me for 1 million dollars?". She said "Yes I would.".
He then asked "Would you have sex with me for 5 bucks?".
She replies "NO, WHAT KIND OF A WOMAN DO YOU THINK I AM?"

He says "We've already established that. Now we're just negotiating the price".

What this has to do with this thread? I dunno. It's just my favorite barganing story.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:15 PM
vega34
SENIOR BUILDER

im sorry but i kinda see eds point,offering him only about half price,to me thats not negotiating,but thats just me,,but i agree he should not of blocked you,,steve
Old 01-12-2009, 04:32 PM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by vega34
im sorry but i kinda see eds point,offering him only about half price,to me thats not negotiating,but thats just me,,but i agree he should not of blocked you,,steve
Hey ! Ya gotta start SOMEwhere ! When I'm selling stuff and get a low, low offer, I don't get 'insulted' for cripes sake ! I say "No thanks, try again" until we do or do not come to a fair price. Or " No thanks I'm very firm on that price". All done politely. My junk isn't so darn holy as to be above someone offering a low price. :?
Old 01-12-2009, 05:34 PM
mopar1968
RACING JUNKIE

:lol: :lol: Well i guess he doesn't like money :? :? Sound's like a fair offer, I didn't see any insulting word's there. Maybe someone else pissed him off, :roll:
Old 01-12-2009, 05:35 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Hey BJ, i know someone who had/has a 142 and manifold, he went to an 871, and from a 355 to 383 and slowed down, i'll see if it's still laying around on th shelf. I called him but got his answer box. I'll let you know with a PM if he still has it and how much. He's local too me and a friend.

Zip.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:41 PM
bjuice
Administrator
RACING JUNKIE

Originally Posted by zipper06
Hey BJ, i know someone who had/has a 142 and manifold, he went to an 871, i'll see if it's still laying around on th shelf. I called him but got his answer box. I'll let you know with a PM he still has it and how much. He's local too me and a friend.

Zip.
thanks Zip let me know..gonna put togther a little street pump gas 406ci and have a little fun.. pm me and let me know what he will take for it...
i can buy a brand new 142 from summit all day long for $1850 and can get a wd price off that thru a friend of mine...,but i am trying to stay as low of budget on this one as i can.

Brian

"I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -