Metric versus Standard?

Old 01-05-2009, 05:48 AM
Swade22
SHOW GUEST

Default Metric versus Standard?

Good Morning everyone. Please forgive a foolish question. What is the difference between a metric race car and a standard race car? I see ads for a "stock car" and I see an ad for a "Metric stock car" and would like to know what the differences are? Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:49 AM
hotracer11f
SHOW GUEST

Swade, What I know of the metrics is basicly all GM stuff. I raced a "STANDERD" 1974 monte carlo for two season and then switched to a "METRIC" 1084 monte carlo chassis. The most noticeable differance is wheel base. Both lenght and width. The front and rear suspension components are diffrent as well. The metric A-frames are considerably smaller in size compared to the standerd's. The rear axel assembly's are diffrent as well. i tried to put a 12 bolt GM rear into my 84 chassis and found my self running into problems getting things to line up correctly. having raced both metric and standerd cars I personaly prefer a metric for its handeling. This may be diffrent for you. It all depends on driving style and personal choice. I hope this was at least a little help. Dave