Ad 1421667

Old 01-04-2009, 04:09 PM
bugzzy1
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Default Ad 1421667

Check out ad# 1421667 $100,000 Corvette, only $6000. I sent an email and said I would like to stop by Monday, with cash. We'll see!!!
Old 01-04-2009, 04:17 PM
zipper06
RACING JUNKIE

Yah right, i hope you contacted the poster thru a pm instead of her email addy. If you contacted her thru the Yahoo addy you will probably get all kinds of greif, and if you used your .com email IE Bellsouth, etc. This is a total scam and they are looking for imfo., and they can get it if you used your home mailing addy.

JMO

Zip.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:34 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

I sent her an email and got a reply...

Hello,

My 1965 Chevrolet Corvette is in great shape,no engine problems,damages or hidden defects. It was always garaged and never kept outside. I`m a single mother with 2 children because i divorced with my husband and after the divorce i own this car,i don`t need it and that`s why i`m selling it so cheap. Transmission is Automatic and has 69,750 miles. The total price is $6,000 including shipping and handling. We will use eBay protection program for our safety and for payment i prefer to use a eBay's buyer protection plan. I just need your full name and address so i can open a case.(with no further obligation to buy it or fees).The car is located in Wilmington, NC.

You will find more photos at: http://s361.photobucket.com/albums/oo56/angelavette/

Thanks. Angela

I love the ones that say they we can use the "eBay buyer protection plan"!!!! some people are just born losers.
I am asking if I can come see the car with cash, lets see what happens...
Old 01-05-2009, 05:42 AM
TopspeedLowet
DYNO OPERATOR

Thank you for publishing this kind of moral corruption. If it seems too good to be true rule sometimes applies. I am a member of life lock. This stuff gives me the hebe gebees. These people have no moral rules. I hope you come out of this OK.
PS I just looked at the ad, The hood and trunk lid are worth 6 gran. Big wood chuck in the wood pile!
Old 01-05-2009, 05:45 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

well she's fast and good!!! heres the reply I recieved..

The car is already at the shipping company in Wilmington, sealed and ready for the shipping. I have a contract with eBay so this deal must go through them. I'm very busy with my job and I'm out of the town so I can't meet in person with you so this is the reason why I chose to sell my car over the internet. The shipping is included in the price.

Here is how it will work:
1.First of all I will need the following details from you:
- Full Name
- Full Shipping Address
2. After I will receive the details from you, I will forward them to eBay.
3. After they will process your info, they will send us both invoices. The invoice will send you the details on how to make a refundable payment.
4. eBay will contact me and I will ship the car to you. After you receive the car you will have 3 days to test, verify and do whatever you need to the car. If you will buy, then eBay will send me the money.
5. If you will decide that you will not buy the car, eBay will refund the money and I will have the shipping company come pick up my car. If you wish to make the transaction, please send me the necessary info so that we can proceed. I look forward to hear from you.

Thank you

some people amaze me, can someone from RJ get this person and ad removed ASAP!

Chris
Old 01-05-2009, 06:35 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

here is the safe harbour sheet he/she sent. notice the guys name and address in georgia...

eBay Motors Purchase Invoice # 36681045
eBay member Angela Hoffman started a new transaction through eBay
We have verified all the details of this transaction and concluded that they are accurate. Please follow our instructions to complete the transaction safely. Your vehicle purchase is protected for up to $20,000 or the vehicle purchase price, whichever is lower.

Payment must be submitted via Money Gram Transfer

If you are not familiarized with Money Gram Transfer services please visit: www.moneygram.com

Seller Information

Angela Hoffman

8010 Yellow Daisy Drive,
Wilmington,
NC 28412,
United States

Buyer Information

Chris Hardesty

925 O'Brien Drive,
Urbana,
IL 61802
United States

Total Amount: US $6,000.00
Deposit : US $0.00
Subtotal : US $6,000.00

TRANSACTION DETAILS

Transaction Date:
January 5, 2009

Case ID:

Item Description:
1965 Chevrolet Corvette

Sale price:
US $6,000.00

Quantity:

Shipping and handling:
US $0.00

Insurance:
Offered

Seller ships to:
*Please check the details for an accurate delivery in order to avoid delays: 925 O'Brien Drive,
Urbana,
IL 61802
United States

How to make payment

Click below to find the nearest Money Gram office

Find Agent Location

Submit payment using the eBay agent's details as payment details

Send a fax to eBay with the following information:

Reference number

Sender's Name and Address

Receiver's Name and Address

Amount

We strongly recommend that you also fax the Money Gram payment receipt to our Central Fax Number:
+1 206-666-4904

IMPORTANT

For security reasons please DO NOT submit the payment details to the Seller or any other unauthorized person/corporation.

• The payment details are confidential and will not be released under any circumstances.
• Seller is authorized to ship only after eBay verifies good funds.
• Upon payment verification, the seller is authorized to ship the vehicle and submit tracking information.

HERE IS THE INFORMATION THAT YOU NEED TO SUBMIT PAYMENT

First Name: David

Last Name: Clifford

Address: Street
City
Zip Code
Country
125 Hampton Road
Claxton, GA
United States

For any questions please contact eBay Customer Support or just reply to this invoice.

• When payment is received, it will be verified and secured into a non-interest bearing trust account. Payment verification process usually takes less than three hours. After payment is secured, the Seller is authorized to ship merchandise. The seller has three business days to send the buyer and eBay the tracking number of the shipment. If no tracking number is provided, a full refund is immediately sent to the buyer.

• Buyer receives the merchandise and has three days to inspect it. If it is complete and as described, the buyer should accept the merchandise. If he refuses the merchandise, the buyer must ship the merchandise back to the Seller within three business days.

• After the inspection period is over, the Buyer must contact eBay Motors Customer Support with the result of the inspection. If the buyer refuses the merchandise, the refund will be sent to the buyer after the tracking number for the returned shipment is verified. If the merchandise is accepted, eBay submits the payment directly to the Seller within 3 business days.

Copyright © 1995-2009 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the eBay User Agreement and Privacy Policy.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:17 AM
bugzzy1
MASTER JOURNEYMAN

Is there a way to screw you over, after going through all of that? I really doubt you'll get the car, but sounds like they can't get your money either.
It sounds like the same deal(people) that had the SRT8 Jeep for $6k.
I offered to pick it up, but it was already crated, and at the shippers!!!
Old 01-05-2009, 07:57 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

SCAM !!!!!

RUN AWAY FROM THIS !!!!!
Old 01-05-2009, 07:58 AM
Harbone
RACING JUNKIE

no, cant get to me. I used my work email and since I am also the assistant IT guy they cant get there crap through the system unless I let it through. I sent one final email, sorry for the expletives but i do believe they got the point!

Nice fuckin try loser!!!!!!!!!! Do you think I was born yesterday!! I have been an ebay member for 9 years and they only protect what they sell!! People like you make me fucking sick. If you are gonna list a $100,000 car for $6000 than you are really dumb. Now I have an email address and some street address's to turn over to the authorities. I am pretty sure the North Carolina address is useless but I'm pretty sure that Georgia address of David Clifford will be of some interest to them. Your Racing Junk login will probably be shut down before the end of the day. Get a life fuckhead!!!

Happy New Year!!

I havent heard from them since. Kinda made my day busting someone out!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Old 01-05-2009, 08:05 AM
TopspeedLowet
DYNO OPERATOR

Amen brother!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -