Thread: License recognition

Senior Member MASTER BUILDER

License recognition

I plan on taking Frank Hawley's Drag Racing School this spring and during the course I will get my NHRA license. Will the IHRA recognize the NHRA license and issue an IHRA license, or do I have to jump through more hoops to get an IHRA license?

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE

Re: License recognition

Quote Originally Posted by kod99
    I plan on taking Frank Hawley's Drag Racing School this spring and during the course I will get my NHRA license. Will the IHRA recognize the NHRA license and issue an IHRA license, or do I have to jump through more hoops to get an IHRA license?
    Depends what class you want to run with them. Typically just call ihra pay them dont need to do anything.
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

Re: License recognition

Quote Originally Posted by kod99
    David,
    I plan on running in Super Comp and will drive Hawley's Super Comp Dragster to get NHRA licensed. Will a call to IHRA get me the comparable IHRA license? Or will I have to drive again for the IHRA?

Member MASTER JOURNEYMAN
    most tracks will accept the nhra, if your bracket racing but if you run a nationel event you need to be a member. you can do a crossover liscense just go to a ihra track show them your nhra comp liscense then they will fill out your registration for ihra with no test runs being made.

Thanks for your help guys! I appreciate it.