Back Half Hartail to-4 link dragster

Old 01-02-2009, 05:40 AM
MidLifeCrisis
APPRENTICE

Default Back Half Hartail to-4 link dragster

After owning my hardtail for over two years now, it's time to look at some suspension. Local track top end is going to kill me. Car flexes at dips and then recoils to the point I've had all 4 wheels off the ground. Before I kill myself.....I gotta get some suspension. Here's my question:

Talked to a local fab guy about proccess and price and have a $ figure from him.

Any "experienced" folks here have an idea of how much this should cost and what's involved?

Any recomendations for a shop/guy in northern Ohio?

Ran a charity race in October. Car bottomed out 3 times. Hit so hard busted my dial in board and shut the power off. Starting to lose the urge to keep going out.

Help?

Thanks.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:51 AM
TheYellaBrick
RACING JUNKIE

Solution : 4 inch lift kit ! JUUUuuust kiddin'..... :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Old 01-02-2009, 06:27 AM
RonOwensRacing
DYNO OPERATOR

I would call these guy's.
www.diamondracecars.com
Old 01-02-2009, 06:36 AM
MidLifeCrisis
APPRENTICE

Thanks.....

Anymore?
Old 01-02-2009, 06:45 AM
jed5161
CRAFTSMAN

we had ours done in 05. I wanna say it was like 1200-1500 for back end plus shocks. That was doing a heavier duty setup then normal because we were going to put a blown alan johnson 526 engine in the car. Its really simple. Only recommendation i have is dont do a 4-link. go ahead and do the swing arm style suspension. Also use a splined end anti-roll bar instead of the standard thru-bolt style. The thru bolt style wears out quickly and always having to adjust it.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:04 AM
hammertime
RACING JUNKIE

Default Re: Back Half Hartail to-4 link dragster

Originally Posted by MidLifeCrisis
After owning my hardtail for over two years now, it's time to look at some suspension. Local track top end is going to kill me. Car flexes at dips and then recoils to the point I've had all 4 wheels off the ground. Before I kill myself.....I gotta get some suspension. Here's my question:

Talked to a local fab guy about proccess and price and have a $ figure from him.

Any "experienced" folks here have an idea of how much this should cost and what's involved?

Any recomendations for a shop/guy in northern Ohio?

Ran a charity race in October. Car bottomed out 3 times. Hit so hard busted my dial in board and shut the power off. Starting to lose the urge to keep going out.

Help?

Thanks.
Diamond Race Cars is close to you, just outside Toledo. Dan Davies owner of Diamond has been doing it a long time, and backhalfs more cars then anyone. I've had this done 2 times, you can exspect to pay 2500-2800 maybe more if your rearend will not work. Thats avg going rate to get it done, next thing is like mentioned above very few will every do a 4 link they will all do a swingarm setup. You wont need a anti roll though, thats what the swingarm is for. You can plan to add 8-12" to the length of your car also. Having Diamond backhalf my cars was one of the best racing moves I could of made. His setup is a little different then most but works like a million bucks !
Old 01-02-2009, 11:23 AM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Diamond is a very good option. You also have a very good option in Dan Lubinski in Oberlin, OH at PSP racecars. Dan has backhalved 2 cars for us and built us 2 complete cars. He has a lot of stuff out at Norwalk on a weekly basis. His number is 440-724-8491.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:50 AM
dparker
RACING JUNKIE

I have a PSP looks like great workmanship, either way you won't be dissappointed.

Hey shawnp, I've been bothering Bob on buying his booster seat for the car. He sure seems like a great guy. Just wanted to thank you for turning me in that direction.
Happy Holidays
Old 01-02-2009, 01:20 PM
shawnp
RACING JUNKIE

Bob's not a bad guy at all. I think you will be very pleased with the car you got. Good luck to you.