Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: traction issues

traction issues

when leaving on the nitrous my car wants to chatter the rear tires. its a 3500# car with 28 /9 tires 4.33 gears and a 4500 stall. are there any easy fixes for this.

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    Air pressure is my first idea, how much do you run? How fast?

air pressure

13# runs 10.80s at 122

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE fla1976's Avatar

chatter

You may want to video the car from the side. You may be bottoming out the shocks and unloading the tires. It's easier to see in slow motion.

Senior Member EXPERT BUILDER
    What suspension are you running? Seems like you are hitting the tires real hard causing the chatter or shake. Have you tried launching at a differant RPM?

rear suspension

the lower control arms are stock, with poly bushings. the upper control arms are art morrison adjustables, the springs are stock, and the shocks are three way adjustables set on the firmest setting. and call me crazy, but, it also has a suspension technoligies antisway bar. when it leaves it lifts the front tires about 6 inches off the ground and then it starts to chatter. it never totaly spins them.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE mopar1968's Avatar
    ''fla1976'' i think you are right i had the same problem and that was my problem shocks bottoming out, getting rear 4 link redone.
    Head's up the true drag race!!

bottoming shocks

the car barely even squats if at all i'm pretty sure it isnt bottoming out. i have pictures of the car launching and it looks almost as if the car actualy raises up a little in the rear.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE curtisreed's Avatar

Re: bottoming shocks

Quote Originally Posted by proclassmonte
    the car barely even squats if at all i'm pretty sure it isnt bottoming out. i have pictures of the car launching and it looks almost as if the car actualy raises up a little in the rear.
    If the car is seperating you may still be running out of shock travel on extension.

Curtis

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    I think your pinion angle is wrong causing it to raise the ass end instead of transfering. Have you ever scaled the car?