Thread: HEADERS FOR SBC IN A 86 MONTE CARLO

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR

HEADERS FOR SBC IN A 86 MONTE CARLO

I WILL NEED NEW HEADERS FOR MY AFR HEADS WITH SPREAD PORT EXHAUST.AFR SAID TO USE 1 7/8 TO 2 INCH HEADERS,NOW I WOULD LIKE SOME SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT BRAND.
    I CHECKED INTO STAHL AND SCHOENFELD, STAHL HEADERS ARE ABOUT 900.00 DOLLARS MORE THAN SCHOENFELD SEEN MORE BUT THESE ARE THE 2 THAT IM THINKING ABOUT.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    I've Hooker super comps on my G body, but they only come in 1 7/8" they are around $500.00. I was fortunate to find a set of Lemons for my 434" going into the same car, they are 2" to 2 1/8" step headers with 4" collectors. I just happened across them on ebay and paid $350.00 for them, i was the only bidder. They didn't even have carbon in them still new. The guy told me he had paid $1320.00 for them with EGT bungs in all tubes. If you have some time maybe you can get lucky like i did, just keep watching.

Zip.

Junior Member SHOW GUEST
    For the spread ports I would call Lemons and They will put you on the right track.

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    ORDERED A SET FROM LEMONS AND HAD THEM CERAMIC COATED,THAT PUT A HURTING ON THE OLE POCKET BOOK.