Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YOUR VERY FIRST PASS

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE curtisreed's Avatar

YOUR VERY FIRST PASS

Saw this on another forum and thought it was interesting info. What did you run your first pass and what were you in.

Mine was just a few years ago. The very first pass using the transbrake I have to admit I lifted at about 300'. The car was going faster than my brain.
    Then I went 5.29 in the 1/8th this was in a buddies dragster. The next week I was runner up in the same car. A little later I got my roadster and started racing somewhat regularly. Yeah, you know I thought I was a natural after that first race until the next time out and I got busted pretty good.

The truth is I told my buddy to dial me honest in the dragster so all I had to do was cut a light and hold it to the floor. It's a really good car and makes anyone look good.

Curtis

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    My very first pass was in a 1973 AMX 401 with T-4speed trans in 1978 i bought from a friend of mine that was going with a chassis car anyway 12.55 very first pass down the track and i have been doing it ever since then . Drag Racing is worse than a drug i haven't been able to kick the habit.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheYellaBrick's Avatar
    RACING is worse than ANY drug !! It's not JUST the actual race but all the preparation leading up to it until launch time. I lust after the moments before a race of any sort where you're in the staging area getting into 'the Zone'. Very surreal. If you've ever seen 'Two Lane Blacktop', there is a good rendition in the movie where 'The Driver', James Taylor, does just that.
    ooops,..sorry to ramble...I'm so addicted that I just get all wound up, especially in the off season :cry:
    TRUTH is HATE
    to those who
    HATE TRUTH

God Bless our folks in uniform
    "We the People, have your backs"
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/279898

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    First full pass down the track 8.30's in my dads dragster walked into that ride. Raced it a few weeks later down to 10 in a 5k race been hooked sense of course I grew up as a pit bit ch
    David Lanning
    IHRA NHRA 387B

Fleenor Racing Transmission
    419-280-1406
    Lanning Electric
    Complete Drag Car Wiring
    APD Race Engines
    www.apdracing.com

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    My very first pass was about 24 years ago in my '71 Chevelle Malibu. It ran in the 15's.

first ever pass....jr dragster.......................................... ......16's 1/8th
    first full size car super pro/top et 68 camaro 540 bbc...........6.40's then off stop running 5.50's 1/8th

fastest pass to date.........spitzer top dragster 526 BAE 8.71 supercharger.......4.04/173 mph 1/8th mile 6.38/212 mph 1/4

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE mopar1968's Avatar
    My first pass was in a heavy boat, 1971 charger, 440,727, ran 13.20 man i thought that was fast.
    Head's up the true drag race!!

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE curtisreed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jed5161
    first ever pass....jr dragster.......................................... ......16's 1/8th
    first full size car super pro/top et 68 camaro 540 bbc...........6.40's then off stop running 5.50's 1/8th

fastest pass to date.........spitzer top dragster 526 BAE 8.71 supercharger.......4.04/173 mph 1/8th mile 6.38/212 mph 1/4
    :shock: :shock:

WOW!!

Senior Member DYNO OPERATOR
    1ST PASS 72 EL CAMINO SBC 14.20 BACK IN EARLY 80'S.LATEST PASS 11.64 86 SS MONTE CARLO I BOUGHT FROM MY BROTHER IN MAY FIRST PASS IN IT WAS 12.67 DID SOME REAR END AND TRANS WORK TO GET IT TO THE BEST TIME WITH A CARB THAT HESITATES OFF THE LINE.THATS ALL GOING TO CHANGE IN THE NEXT TWO MONTHS I HAVE PURCHASED A SET OF AFR 210 ELIMINATOR HEADS AND A NEW CAM.

Senior Member RACING JUNKIE fla1976's Avatar

First Pass

My first pass was in my 68 Roadrunner in 1970. Ran a 13.25 thought it was fast at that time. Sure was fun though.

11. Racing Junk