Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: I know were all in rough times

  1. #1

    I know were all in rough times

    Hey i know were all in these times together but come on. There is just way to my items that are posted that are not worth what they want sorry! I just want to let you guys know that if you have a show car good but dont list a car that you think is a show winner that is just a show looser! I'm tierd of looking at these ads and being disappointed!!! Dont list stuff one way and then your pictures say somthing else! THANKS. :x

  2. #2
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE TheYellaBrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Emmett, Idaho
    Posts
    7,334
    ....HUH ? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :roll: :roll:
    TRUTH is HATE
    to those who
    HATE TRUTH

    God Bless our folks in uniform
    "We the People, have your backs"
    http://www.racingjunk.com/profile/279898

  3. #3
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,289
    You must mean they aren't worth it to YOU. My suggestion is fairly simple, if you don't like someones ad, MOVE ON to the next one. If you think the cars are overpriced, MOVE ON to the next one.
    Do us all a favor: Show us how to write and describe our ads, also price your car low enough that we flock to it. I wonder if yours will seem overpriced or if you describe it to a "tee".
    BTW, thanks for alerting us to the overinflated prices of the pieces of crap that are being advertised on RJ. :roll: :roll: :roll:
    EVERY site has its junkers that are overpriced, it is part of the game. It is entirely up to you if you want to play it though. If you take time to look, you WILL find some killer deals on RJ, providing they are suitable to your liking. I have some gripes with RJ, finding killer deals AIN'T one of them!
    Nothing personal intended, just giving my thoughts since you brought it up.
    BTW one more time: Nice first post!

  4. #4
    Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    107
    Try buying and building the same things you are looking at.Then come back and say that.

  5. #5
    Senior Member SENIOR BUILDER
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    east tn
    Posts
    114
    try building this for $7500 1359714,,steve

  6. #6
    Administrator RACING JUNKIE bjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Greenville s.c.
    Posts
    3,239
    Quote Originally Posted by vega34
    try building this for $7500 1359714,,steve
    Great Deal for someone wanting to step right into a turn key 6 second ride.

    And for those of you that have never stepped in a drag car or you run this slow ricer burner crap with a loud muffler and a cold air intake..don't even try to think 6.70's is slow by no means.

    Heck you almost couldn't even put my short block together for that price. :roll:
    Bjuice..

    "I'M YOUR HUCKLEBERRY ! "

  7. #7
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,143
    Quote Originally Posted by bjuice
    Quote Originally Posted by vega34
    try building this for $7500 1359714,,steve
    Great Deal for someone wanting to step right into a turn key 6 second ride.

    And for those of you that have never stepped in a drag car or you run this slow ricer burner crap with a loud muffler and a cold air intake..don't even try to think 6.70's is slow by no means.

    Heck you almost couldn't even put my short block together for thet price. :roll:
    proper terminology would be "FART CAN" not loud muffler.

  8. #8
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,143

    Re: I know were all in rough times

    Quote Originally Posted by dieseldude78
    Hey i know were all in these times together but come on. There is just way to my items that are posted that are not worth what they want sorry! I just want to let you guys know that if you have a show car good but dont list a car that you think is a show winner that is just a show looser! I'm tierd of looking at these ads and being disappointed!!! Dont list stuff one way and then your pictures say somthing else! THANKS. :x




    Many people that have never built a race car have no idea the cost of some little things...like AN fittings. I have easily $1000 or close to it just in the fuel system on my car not counting the carb...that sort of thing is often overlooked. when looking at the price of a car...JMO

  9. #9
    Administrator RACING JUNKIE bjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Greenville s.c.
    Posts
    3,239
    Speaking of AN fittings and braided hoses, you would not believe me if i told you what the total cost was to Plumb the old 632ci with Dry sump with a pair of Dominaters.. :shock:

    Buying #4 #6#8 fittings are one thing..but when you start getting to the #12 and #14''s...the anto goes up quite a bit !

  10. #10
    Senior Member RACING JUNKIE
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,143
    Quote Originally Posted by bjuice
    Speaking of AN fittings and braided hoses, you would not believe me if i told you what the total cost was to Plumb the old 632ci with Dry sump.. :shock:
    Yes I would. ...I seen pics of that car with the dog house off of it.

    My car is very very basic and I know what I spent.I have # 10 on mine and even those are almost $30 bucks each ...I don't have any #12 and up but looking at them on the shelf at the speed shop always makes for a GASP! :lol:

    A NOS car with two fuel sytems etc...$$$


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Email us - Support@RacingJunk.com
Call us - 866.326.9227
Copyright © 2005-2016 RacingJunk.com All Rights Reserved.

Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the RacingJunk.com
Terms of Use, Classifieds Disclaimer, Privacy Policy, and Cookie Policy