Quick fuel or rebuild Holley

Old 12-04-2008, 04:11 PM
Midgetmouse
APPRENTICE

Default Quick fuel or rebuild Holley

I'm looking into buying a quickfuel carb. I have a Holley 750 double pumper that works well,but I love the response of quickfuel carbs. Can I put the quickfuel metering blocks and a proform/holleyhp main body on what I've got and get the same performance? It's cheaper since I have something to work with already. I was told a vacuum secondary would work better because my car is 3500 lbs. What do you think?
Old 12-04-2008, 04:21 PM
sg1586
MASTER BUILDER

call Quick fuel and ask them :shock:
Old 12-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Midgetmouse
APPRENTICE

Thanks sg1586. Anyone else have an opinion on this? :roll:
Old 12-05-2008, 08:52 AM
sg1586
MASTER BUILDER

Midget, They have done a few carbs for me and always did a nice job and was done when they said it would be.. I would say that if you want to have them do it you don't want to wait to long as they get swamped just before round track racin starts......

If you want to get a new carb from them give our buddy Ron Owens Racing a call as he has a deal with them He can also get you any parts from them you want....Good luck
Old 12-10-2008, 09:39 AM
Scooterz
RACING JUNKIE

Hey Miget,

I have a 950 QF HP that I replaced Holley with. I like the secondary adjustments, float windows, the jet configuration, etc... it works well & is very resonsive. Simply put: I gave it less pedal & got more results than the prior Holley DP. It came stcok w/ jet extensions & blocked PV in the secondaries. Everything is so ajustable with more ease... even the needle & seat. Anyways, I am not a carb expert by any means, but it does the basics well & is way more adjustable.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:05 PM
Midgetmouse
APPRENTICE

Thanks Rigsby. I appreciate the advice guys. It's nice to get input from people that have had experience besides my local buds. I plan on going with a Quickfuel.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:34 PM
undertaker598
APPRENTICE

Call Pro Systems carbs ask for Patrick.